The 20 islands of the group reside in a large lagoon formed by the 16-km (10-mi) long Malolo Barrier Reef and Viti Levu. The group stretches 35 km (22 mi) roughly in a north-south diagonal from Nadi. Small Fijian villages are spread throughout the islands.
Mamanuca Islands at a Glance
Elsewhere in Mamanuca and Yasawa Groups
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's