The 20 islands of the group reside in a large lagoon formed by the 16-km (10-mi) long Malolo Barrier Reef and Viti Levu. The group stretches 35 km (22 mi) roughly in a north-south diagonal from Nadi. Small Fijian villages are spread throughout the islands.
Mamanuca Islands at a Glance
Elsewhere in Mamanuca and Yasawa Groups
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1799 & up -- Fiji: 5-Night Upscale Getaway w/Air & Tours Travelscene
- $1299* -- Auckland or Sydney R/T Air from LA w/2 Nts in Fiji — $1,299 PacificIslands.com
- $1999 & up -- Fiji 5-Star Escape w/Oceanview Room & Massages — $1,999 Outdoor Travel Adventures