Equator Restaurant Review
Named after the ship that brought Robert Louis Stevenson to the South Pacific, the reasonably priced Equator Restaurant has a decidedly casual South Seas ambience. Inside the Tradewinds Hotel and popular with business travelers, the restaurant serves generous portions, with po'boy (Southern-style) shrimp sandwiches a favorite along with chicken quesadillas, the Hawaiian-style saimin (a Japanese-inspired noodle soup with fish cake, pork, and fried egg), and burgers. Whether you come for lunch or dinner, grab a pre- or post-meal drink and enjoy it by the pool under a tropical sky.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a couple of free days before a meeting in Christchurch. Read more
"Cristeen, how long are you going to be in Sydney? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more