999 Shan Noodle House
999 Shan Noodle House Review
This pint-sized, cheap, and cheerful noodle stall is equally popular with locals and tourists. The friendly proprietors speak English well, and the picture menu has English descriptions. The noodles, those of the Shan ethnic group, and servings are available in soup or taken dry (e.g., fried-rice noodles with chicken). Rounding out the menu are sautéed vegetables, fried tofu, and pork skin. The owners can prepare plain and mild noodle dishes if you're not one for spice. Inexpensive local beer is available, too.
- Address: 130B 34th St., Yangon (Rangoon)
- Location: Yangon (Rangoon)
- No credit cards.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $96 & up -- India: 5-Star Hotel near New Delhi w/Breakfast Accor Hotels
- $3599 -- Japan: 8-Night, 3-City Tour w/Air, Save $400 Friendly Planet Travel
- A World Apart IExplore
- $1499 & up -- Hong Kong & Shanghai 6-Night Trip w/Air — $1,499 go-today
- Ageless China — $3,525 IExplore
I'm hoping my blog may be useful for anyone planning the Annapurna Circuit. Read more
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
I am a Vet and we are going to organise an international Pet care conference with many foreigners joining the event, Now i need a Conference hall preferably around Pune City to place like Mahabaleshwa Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more