- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In an out-of-the-way hotel south of Mattancherry, this plain-looking restaurant is a well-kept secret. Ignore the multicultural cuisine and go straight for a fish dish like the prawn curry or the meen pollichathu (spiced fish steamed in a banana leaf), which is so hot even Malayalees break a sweat. If you'd like it toned down, send a message to the chef when you order.
- Address: Hotel Abad, near intersection of Moulana Azad Rd. and Kochangadi Rd., Chullickal, Kochi, Kerala, 682005
- Phone: 484/222-8211
- Location: Kochi
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Kochi (Cochin) Fr $24+/Nt Expedia
- Excellency on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $21+/Nt Expedia
- Small budget: Book Trident, Cochin 3 Nts in May Fr $78+/Nt — $78 Save with Expedia, $9/night less
- Kochi (Cochin) Savings! Book at The Renai Cochin Fr $85+/Nt — $85 Expedia
- Book in Kochi (Cochin): Save this May Fr $53+/Nt — $53 Save with Expedia, $6/night less
I travelled to Agra in feb & spent 2-1/2 days there. Read more
It’s been almost three weeks since my return from India and I still am dreaming of tigers and eating homemade naan. Read more
Need a small advice on my trip. Want to visit either Nepal or Kashmir for a week with my spouse. Just want a decent holiday. Please suggest me better choice .
Cheers! Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more