- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of Goa's top party beaches, Baga is known for its hopping "shack life." The many popular food and drink joints are headlined by St. Anthony's for seafood and the legendary Tito's Bar and Café Mambo for nighttime revelry. The many water sports here include parasailing, windsurfing, and Jet Ski rides.
The beach drops steeply to the shoreline, where fishing canoes make use of the easy boat-launching conditions to provide rides, including trips to the Wednesday market at Anjuna Beach just around the bend (the ride to Anjuna takes 15 minutes by sea, but twice as long by road). A few hundred meters down the beach, to the south of the point where the steep slope meets the sand, you'll find less-crowded areas where you can spread out your towel and sunbathe. The beach gets its name from the Baga River, which meets the sea at the beach's northern end.
Baga Beach at a Glance
Elsewhere in North Goa
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe