Side Trips from Amman Travel Guide
Plan Your Side Trips from Amman Vacation
From Amman it's an easy drive to some of Jordan's top sites, whether you're planning a day trip or an overnight. The ruined city of Jerash, just 50 km north of Amman, is the perfect place to spend an afternoon or morning if you're based in Amman. Plan to stop for lunch at Lebanese House, near the entrance to the site. Madaba, with its remarkable Byzantine mosaics is 30 km southwest of Amman, and you can easily stop at Mount Nebo on the way there, then continue on to Ma'in for an overnight at the Evason Ma'In Hot Springs & Six Senses Spa. If you're driving from Amman to the Feynan Eco-lodge in the Dana Nature Reserve, get an early start. It's about 180 km from Amman, or 120 km from Madaba. Another option would be to head there after an overnight at Ma'in.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Side Trips from Amman restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's