Fodor's Expert Review Everard House

Williamsburg House/Mansion/Villa

Built in 1717 by John Brush, a gunsmith, and later owned by Thomas Everard, who was twice mayor of Williamsburg, this wood-frame house contains remarkable, ornate carving work. It is open only for special-focus tours and temporary exhibits, and vignettes on slaves' lives are held here in summer.

House/Mansion/Villa

Quick Facts

Scotland St. at Palace Green
Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia  23185, USA

www.history.org/almanack/places/hb/hbbrush.cfm

Sight Details:
Rate Includes: Colonial Williamsburg entrance required

What’s Nearby

Find a Hotel

Related Forum Posts

Around the Web