Top Experiences in Portland
- Park it: Spend at least a half day venturing through Washington Park’s Japanese Garden and International Rose Test Garden, allowing more time if you can to hike the Wildwood Trail to Pittock Mansion or Hoyt Arboretum. With less time, plan a stroll alongside the Willamette in Tom McCall Riverfront Park, or a ramble amid the evergreens atop Mt. Tabor.
- View works of art: Take in the true cultural and social flavor of Portland by participating in either the First Thursday Pearl District or Last Thursday Alberta Street art walks. Galleries open late and often feature receptions and exhibition openings, and many artists and crafters sell their (more affordable) wares on the streets outside.
- Float on by: Gaze at Portland's gorgeous skyline in the afternoon light, while gently gliding down the Willamette River aboard the Portland Spirit.
- Sample Portland’s liquid assets: Visit a few of the dozens of superb local producers of craft spirits and beer, artisanal coffee and tea, and fine wine.
- Eat locally: Plenty of visitors to Portland build their entire daily itineraries around eating, with hot restaurant hubs like the West End, Division Street, Albert Street, the Central East Side, and Burnside and 28th bursting with superb bistros and cafés that showcase the city’s farm-to-table, locavore ethic.