Fodor's Expert Review High Hampton Resort
1525 NC 107 S, Cashiers, North Carolina, 28717, USA
Editor's Note: This property is currently undergoing renovations.
With its rustic rooms and cottages, the High Hampton Resort (listed on the National Register of Historic Places) feels like you stepped back in time. You won't find TVs, phones, or air-conditioning in most rooms, and meals are served in a hunting lodge–like dining room . The resort is undergoing a much-need upgrade and many changes are under way.
- historic property with bark-side lodge with knotty chestnut paneling on 1,400 acres
- 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, and a 35-acre lake
- some modern amenities including fitness center and spa
- old-fashioned and eccentric
- no TVs, phones or A/C in most rooms
- some rooms are dark and need updating
Rate Includes: Closed mid-Nov.–late Apr., No meals