Fodor's Expert Review Volcano Pub + Inn
21375 Consolation St., Volcano, California, 95689, USA
The folks behind Plymouth's Taste restaurant and Rest hotel operate this four-room second-floor inn whose first incarnation, from the 1880s into the 1920s, was as a saloon and boardinghouse for miners and other mostly long-term guests. The spruced-up rooms, done in pastels and sparsely decorated, have high-quality linens, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs with cable. Two rooms have direct access to a balcony that overlooks Volcano's small business district. The breakfast here is substantial and well made.
- daily specials at pub
- simple but pleasing decor
- homemade full breakfast with egg dish, fresh fruit, and baked goods
- per website "not suited for small children"
- two rooms have a shower but no tub
- minimum weekend-stay requirement
Rate Includes: Free Breakfast