Hotel La Atarazana
Vicente Celestino Duarte 19, next door to police station, Santo Domingo, Nacional, 10210, Dominican Republic
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
This artistically renovated town house near Plaza España offers comfortable accommodations in a central, safe location in the Zona Colonial. A courtyard—furnished with outdoor tables, market umbrellas, and a small pool has a coral-stone wall with bamboo and exotic greenery—is an urban oasis, and the setting for the healthful, European-style breakfast and the rum-soaked cocktail hour. A lovely anteroom in the front has been redone and serves as a relax area with a small bar for guests. Your hosts are Susanne and Bernie, she a German economist, he a German architect who renovated the property. Rooms, all upstairs, are minimalist and clean, with plush towels. With an appointmen, massage services are available by a trained therapist.
- superior service and assistance
- impressive rooftop terrace has views and both sunny and shaded sitting areas
- $100 rate includes taxes, service, safe box and breakfast
- super for solo travelers
- no luxurious creature comforts beyond cable TV, Wi-Fi, and A/C
- the multilingual owners aside, employees are not fluent in English
- rooms are not large by American standards
Rate Includes: Breakfast
BACK TO TOP