Fodor's Expert Review Romora Bay Resort & Marina
South end of Dunmore St.
The pink Adirondack chairs on the dock welcome you to this colorful and casual resort situated on the bay side of the island. Guest rooms are in cottages with private patios, built on sloping grounds, each recently redecorated in an upscale Caribbean design. Both restaurants at the resort are among the best on Harbour Island, serving delicious Bahamian fusion dishes. The resort also boasts what is perhaps the island's best sunset view, which you can enjoy while you're splashing around in the infinity pool or lounging in one of the cabanas on the small private beach. For those arriving by private boat, there's a new 40-slip marina.
- two of the island's best restaurants are on-site
- water views from every room
- private bayside beach
- sloping steps from dock to cottages are a hassle for luggage
- some room amenities are dated
- no breakfast at either restaurants