Fodor's Expert Review Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino
J.E. Irausquin Blvd. 250, Eagle Beach, n/a Aruba, Aruba
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
An excellent waterslide, fast-food options, and a nearby supermarket make this complex of self-contained time-share units right across from Eagle Beach a popular choice for families. Recently refreshed rooms and a well-upgraded casino and new restaurant add to the refurbishments. It's always full of families and children, so it's not the spot for peace and quiet, but it's not far from a beautiful beach to escape the fray.
- nice pools and waterfall
- supermarket right across the street
- price is hard to beat for a hotel so close to the beach
- feels like an apartment complex
- public areas are noisy and crowded
- despite the attractions for children, there are no kids' programs available