Fodor's Expert Review Ovolo Woolloomooloo
6 Cowper Wharf Rd.
This ultrahip hotel occupies a former wool shipping shed that includes authentic structures of the former wharf (pulleys, giant trusses, and brontosaurus-like machinery), a great location (a stone's throw from the Opera House), and the chance to be on the harbor but in a quieter location. Guest rooms, decorated with trendy fish prints, are arranged like the cabins on a luxury liner, rising in tiers on the outside of the central cavity. The entire hotel is 100% smoke-free and all meals are plant-based. There are five restaurants in the adjoining wharf complex, known as the Wooloomooloo's Finger Wharf.
- large bathrooms, high-end tech
- trendy bar, trendier location
- great location, close to Botanic Gardens
- a bit of walk into the city
- foyer is freezing in the winter
- breakfast is an expensive add-on
Rate Includes: No Meals