Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Sad news from cigalechanta (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/sad-news-from-cigalechanta-625904/)

Underhill Jun 23rd, 2006 01:27 PM

Sad news from cigalechanta

Mimi has asked me to let all her friends here know that her husband was just diagnosed with cancer. She will be very grateful for prayers and good wishes.

Viajero2 Jun 23rd, 2006 01:30 PM

Will do. Please pass along wishes for strength in this difficult time.

Tiff Jun 23rd, 2006 01:32 PM

Oh dear Mimi ~ Please know we knew 'one' of us per Scarlett was going through a rough time and not until today were we aware that it was you and your dear DH. Please know that you have been in our thoughts and many prayers have been said, and will continue to be said.

May you gain strength from those who love you! Tiff

TexasAggie Jun 23rd, 2006 01:34 PM

Oh Mimi,
I am sorry from the very bottom of my heart to hear of this sadness of your family. You and your husband have all our good wishes and prayers. You have always shown incredible kindness to all on this forum.
-Jill

francophile03 Jun 23rd, 2006 01:34 PM

Mimi, I don't know you personally, but I just wanted you to know that I am sorry to hear about your husband.

StLSusan Jun 23rd, 2006 01:36 PM

OH Mimi...my heart goes out to you and yours.
I hope it can be a managable thing as many are these days...do not despair yet..

LCBoniti Jun 23rd, 2006 01:39 PM

Mimi -
I am fairly new to this board but I have so much enjoyed your postings and getting to know you through them.

Please know that you and your husband will be in my prayers and I am sending positive thoughts your way even now.

Take care,
Linda

laartista Jun 23rd, 2006 01:42 PM

Cigalechanta,

So sorry to hear this news-thoughts and prayers to you and your husband.

LoveItaly Jun 23rd, 2006 01:43 PM

Dearest Mimi, I send to you from the westcoast to your eastcoast the strongest best wishes and good thoughts that your dear husband will be alright. You know how much I adore you..and you are in my heart..you both are. Don't give up the good fight dear friend.

Traviata Jun 23rd, 2006 01:47 PM

Mimi,

I am so sorry for your sad news....please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

elba Jun 23rd, 2006 01:54 PM

I am sorry to hear the news Mimi. I don't post here too often but I know you from other boards.

You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Laidback Jun 23rd, 2006 01:57 PM

Mimi,
You have brightened so many people's day on so many forums. At a time like this, with what you are going through I wish there was some way we could return the favor. Take comfort in the knowledge that a broad spectrum of people from many countries are thinking kind thoughts for you and your husband.

Gardyloo Jun 23rd, 2006 02:01 PM

Blessings and prayers, kiddo.

justretired Jun 23rd, 2006 02:05 PM

Mimi,

So sorry to hear about your husband. As someone who has survived cancer twice (21 years plus another scare last summer), I know first hand the angst of diagnosis and treatment. Hope that he heals quickly and that you may enjoy years of beloved France together.

With best wishes,
Margie (and Larry) Krakauer

Croque_Madame Jun 23rd, 2006 02:06 PM

Mimi, as I told Scarlett about you just the other day, the person we choose to love is so much a part of the person we become that I know your husband must be a very dear man indeed.

I've been sending my thoughts to embrace you in a gentle hug, to right you when you stumble, and to acknowledge in the night your unspoken fears.

The countless many of us who have been the recipients of your kindness now send that all goodness back to you, in the hope that it will bring your husband strength, and calm, if only for a moment, your worried heart.

Treesa Jun 23rd, 2006 02:06 PM

Mimi:

I'm sending my prayers to you and your family. Please take care of yourself.

ms_go Jun 23rd, 2006 02:10 PM

Mimi, I am so sorry to hear this news. You and your husband are in our thoughts.

kopp Jun 23rd, 2006 02:11 PM

Dear cigalechanta,

I cannot imagine how frightened and anxious you are at this moment. To hear the word "cancer" from a doctor must be devastating. I will pray for strength for you both and also for the doctors to find just the right methods to treat this illness.

Blessings to you both.

gabrieltraian Jun 23rd, 2006 02:14 PM

Mimi,

I haven't known you other than from your postings here, which I've appreciated.

I know this is a tough time for you, 'cause I've been through something similar myself.

I wish you to be strong and don't give up. Good things can still happen at any time.

Gabriel

grantop Jun 23rd, 2006 02:18 PM

Mimi. I have always enjoyed your posts and I was saddend by your news. Please know that our thoughts are with you and look forward to brighter days ahead.