Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   OK, folks, let's help the Fodor's editors rejuvenate their creative juices (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/ok-folks-lets-help-the-fodors-editors-rejuvenate-their-creative-juices-104756/)

howard Feb 7th, 2001 03:17 PM

OK, folks, let's help the Fodor's editors rejuvenate their creative juices

It's obvious from reading Today's Poll that the Fodor's editors have hit the bottom. Today's question: "I use the flight attendant call button," followed by three choices--often, sometimes, never. <BR>Surely, we creative folks can come with some better suggestions that that. Let's see, how about...... Hey, this isn't so easy! Maybe, some of you out there can help them. <BR>(If you're interested, of the 375--that high a number astounds me--who responded, 1% said often, 19% sometimes and 79% never.)

Cindy Feb 7th, 2001 04:08 PM

How about the following poll questions, Howard: <BR> <BR>1. How much of your in-flight meal do you typically eat? (a) Not one bite; (b) just the sweet stuff; (c) Every morsel and scraps from my seatmate. <BR> <BR>2. What was the worst in-flight movie you watched from start to finish: (a) Ishtar; (b) Howard the Duck; (c) Ghost Dad. <BR> <BR>3. What is the single most annoying thing a flight attendant has done to you lately? (a) Lifting my blanket to check my seat belt; (b) Refusing to give me the whole can of soda; (c) Trying to sell me headphones so I can watch Ghost Dad.

Amy Feb 7th, 2001 04:21 PM

Great start, Cindy! <BR>How about <BR>1. Flying ranks right above (a)three weeks in the Swiss Alps (b) chocolate (c) root canal (d) death. (I'm somewhere between c and d, and have friends who swear that the flight is always the best part of a trip.) <BR>2. This Fodors' addiction is (a) joyful (b)alarming (c) seriously threatening my happy home. <BR>2.

Judy Feb 7th, 2001 04:38 PM

Great stuff, Cindy! I really like the full can of soda, Ha-ha, and the hungry seatmates, Funny stuff....Fodors staff: give Cindy a call...you could use her. <BR>Judy ;-) ps. I know people who love to fly too....hmmmm... :-0

Mara Feb 8th, 2001 05:51 AM

Can anyone else help Fodors?

pam Feb 8th, 2001 09:58 AM

Do you a) take your own pillow on plane trips, b) count on getting one of the airlines' pillows, or c) lean on your neighbor? <BR> <BR>What's the worst thing you fear about sleeping on airplanes? a) drooling b) the kid in front of you putting something foreign in your hanging-open mouth c) missing a meal <BR> <BR>What's the most off-putting behavior you've witnessed aboard an airplane? a) air rage, b) drunkenness, c) physical intimacy, or d) someone clipping his toenails? <BR>(I was on a plane with a guy who was clipping his toenails one time. Can you believe it????) <BR> <BR>

elvira Feb 8th, 2001 10:03 AM

My favorite thing about flying is a) the food; b) arriving in one piece; c) no one can perform root canals on me while I'm in the air. <BR> <BR>The ideal seat companion on a plane is a) my spouse or lover; b) a chatty, upbeat nun; c) a corpse. <BR> <BR>What makes a hotel memorable? a) marble bathtubs and heated towels; b) friendly, helpful staff who goes out of their way to make my stay enjoyable; c) no "COPS" episode is filmed there during my stay.

s.fowler Feb 8th, 2001 10:07 AM

I am laughing my self silly here. I may not even need my afternoon snack of chocolate after all:)

Jack Feb 8th, 2001 10:08 AM

Elvira: did you mean to say "one's spouse or lover" or do you in fact have a spouse and a lover who are two different people? Either way, your answer made my day.

pam Feb 8th, 2001 10:31 AM

Oh, let me clarify: I OBSERVED a guy clipping his toenails on a plane once; I was not WITH him.

xx Feb 8th, 2001 10:42 AM

Oh, sure, Pam. We believe you. Are you sure it wasn't YOU clipping your toenails? :)

kk Feb 8th, 2001 10:47 AM

Howard, this is not a creative but a prosaic question, and I would really like to know the answer....How many people still carry travellers checks when they travel internationally? <BR>I used to work for a major company whose first product was travellers checks, and I would bet tons of money that their usage has plummeted in the 12 years since I left (but not of course because of my leaving, tee hee).

Danna Feb 8th, 2001 11:00 AM

Here's my offering <BR>Who annoys you more on a flight? a.)a child, b.) someone glaring at the child, or c.) the couple in the back who may be creating a child?

ilisa Feb 8th, 2001 11:27 AM

kk, my husband still insists on travellers checks as his main form of currency.

rand Feb 8th, 2001 11:37 AM

Damn, anyone who can clip their toenails in economy is some kind of contorsionist. ps. When are we going to get a spellchecker?

kk Feb 8th, 2001 11:43 AM

Right now this is my favorite thread! So funny and civil. <BR>Thanks for the info, Ilisa. And Danna, your post was SO funny. <BR>And I personally know that Pam would not be caught dead clipping her toenails, so it tweren't her, no sirree.

s.fowler Feb 8th, 2001 11:47 AM

Rand: As someone whose typing is fragile at best I feel your pain:) And you made me laugh. Thanks. I needed that!

nancy Feb 8th, 2001 11:50 AM

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you!! <BR>To all who have contributed to this site. <BR>I have just finished reading a few of the Complaining Sites, and was feeling very let down, but this was a fun few minutes. <BR>So again, thank you <BR>From the Thank You Queen <BR>(someone once got on me for my frequent thank you's to response to my post)

xx Feb 8th, 2001 11:53 AM

So Pam wouldn't be caught dead clipping her toenails? Well, if that's true, how does she get her shoes on at all, hmmm?

kk Feb 8th, 2001 11:55 AM

Oh dear, she really is not Howard Hughes in drag. She does clip her toenails, just NOT on a plane. <BR>Cute, very cute.