Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

OK, folks, let's help the Fodor's editors rejuvenate their creative juices

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 03:17 PM
howard

It's obvious from reading Today's Poll that the Fodor's editors have hit the bottom. Today's question: "I use the flight attendant call button," followed by three choices--often, sometimes, never.
Surely, we creative folks can come with some better suggestions that that. Let's see, how about...... Hey, this isn't so easy! Maybe, some of you out there can help them.
(If you're interested, of the 375--that high a number astounds me--who responded, 1% said often, 19% sometimes and 79% never.)

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:08 PM
Cindy

How about the following poll questions, Howard:

1. How much of your in-flight meal do you typically eat? (a) Not one bite; (b) just the sweet stuff; (c) Every morsel and scraps from my seatmate.

2. What was the worst in-flight movie you watched from start to finish: (a) Ishtar; (b) Howard the Duck; (c) Ghost Dad.

3. What is the single most annoying thing a flight attendant has done to you lately? (a) Lifting my blanket to check my seat belt; (b) Refusing to give me the whole can of soda; (c) Trying to sell me headphones so I can watch Ghost Dad.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Amy

Great start, Cindy!
How about
1. Flying ranks right above (a)three weeks in the Swiss Alps (b) chocolate (c) root canal (d) death. (I'm somewhere between c and d, and have friends who swear that the flight is always the best part of a trip.)
2. This Fodors' addiction is (a) joyful (b)alarming (c) seriously threatening my happy home.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Judy

Great stuff, Cindy! I really like the full can of soda, Ha-ha, and the hungry seatmates, Funny stuff....Fodors staff: give Cindy a call...you could use her.
Judy ;-) ps. I know people who love to fly too....hmmmm... :-0

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Mara

Can anyone else help Fodors?

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 09:58 AM
pam

Do you a) take your own pillow on plane trips, b) count on getting one of the airlines' pillows, or c) lean on your neighbor?

What's the worst thing you fear about sleeping on airplanes? a) drooling b) the kid in front of you putting something foreign in your hanging-open mouth c) missing a meal

What's the most off-putting behavior you've witnessed aboard an airplane? a) air rage, b) drunkenness, c) physical intimacy, or d) someone clipping his toenails?
(I was on a plane with a guy who was clipping his toenails one time. Can you believe it????)

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:03 AM
elvira

My favorite thing about flying is a) the food; b) arriving in one piece; c) no one can perform root canals on me while I'm in the air.

The ideal seat companion on a plane is a) my spouse or lover; b) a chatty, upbeat nun; c) a corpse.

What makes a hotel memorable? a) marble bathtubs and heated towels; b) friendly, helpful staff who goes out of their way to make my stay enjoyable; c) no "COPS" episode is filmed there during my stay.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:07 AM
s.fowler

I am laughing my self silly here. I may not even need my afternoon snack of chocolate after all

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Jack

Elvira: did you mean to say "one's spouse or lover" or do you in fact have a spouse and a lover who are two different people? Either way, your answer made my day.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:31 AM
pam

Oh, let me clarify: I OBSERVED a guy clipping his toenails on a plane once; I was not WITH him.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:42 AM
xx

Oh, sure, Pam. We believe you. Are you sure it wasn't YOU clipping your toenails?

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 10:47 AM
kk

Howard, this is not a creative but a prosaic question, and I would really like to know the answer....How many people still carry travellers checks when they travel internationally?
I used to work for a major company whose first product was travellers checks, and I would bet tons of money that their usage has plummeted in the 12 years since I left (but not of course because of my leaving, tee hee).

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Danna

Here's my offering
Who annoys you more on a flight? a.)a child, b.) someone glaring at the child, or c.) the couple in the back who may be creating a child?

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:27 AM
ilisa

kk, my husband still insists on travellers checks as his main form of currency.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:37 AM
rand

Damn, anyone who can clip their toenails in economy is some kind of contorsionist. ps. When are we going to get a spellchecker?

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:43 AM
kk

Right now this is my favorite thread! So funny and civil.
Thanks for the info, Ilisa. And Danna, your post was SO funny.
And I personally know that Pam would not be caught dead clipping her toenails, so it tweren't her, no sirree.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:47 AM
s.fowler

Rand: As someone whose typing is fragile at best I feel your pain And you made me laugh. Thanks. I needed that!

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:50 AM
nancy

Thank you , Thank you, Thank you!!
To all who have contributed to this site.
I have just finished reading a few of the Complaining Sites, and was feeling very let down, but this was a fun few minutes.
So again, thank you
From the Thank You Queen
(someone once got on me for my frequent thank you's to response to my post)

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:53 AM
xx

So Pam wouldn't be caught dead clipping her toenails? Well, if that's true, how does she get her shoes on at all, hmmm?

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 11:55 AM
kk

Oh dear, she really is not Howard Hughes in drag. She does clip her toenails, just NOT on a plane.
Cute, very cute.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO