Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Where are you traveling to for Thanksgiving, and what are gas prices in your area? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/where-are-you-traveling-to-for-thanksgiving-and-what-are-gas-prices-in-your-area-571643/)

Budman Nov 18th, 2005 02:00 AM

Where are you traveling to for Thanksgiving, and what are gas prices in your area?

I've got to travel 220 miles roundtrip on T-giving day to eat "out-laws" dried out turkey and boiled-to-mush vegetables. :-(( Only because I love my wife. ((a))

Upside - Gas here at 1.89 and dropping every day. ((b))

gail Nov 18th, 2005 03:08 AM

Only travel to pick up our son at airport. Sorry about your food - sounds like your out-laws went to same cooking school as my now-deceased mother-out-law. Dinner's at my house, as always, and gas is hovering just above $2.00 north of Boston.

girlonthego Nov 18th, 2005 04:04 AM

Gas is 2.09 for regular when I pumped yesterday.

Walking to my kitchen. No traveling for us. We are just picking up people at airports!

elizabeth_reed Nov 18th, 2005 04:06 AM

Traveling to Kansas to visit my in-laws; 630 miles each way. Gas is $1.999/reg, not sure what premium is and that's what our car needs.

ethel Nov 18th, 2005 04:09 AM

Traveling the long distance of a mile to have dinner at my parents, granpdarents, aunt and uncle and their kids, brother and his girlfriend. Good food, good drinks, and good times! There goes the 8 lbs. I lost the past 2 weeks :(

Paid the meager price of $2.41 the other day. What will I do with all this extra money...

Tandoori_Girl Nov 18th, 2005 04:10 AM

Yikes. I guess we Floridians are getting gouged along with the tourists. The lowest I know of in Tampa/St. Pete is $2.17.

Budman, where do you live? I'm thinking of making a trip to visit you and bringing along a tanker :-o)))

cd Nov 18th, 2005 04:13 AM

Will spend Thanksgiving in Houston TX with our son after two days in Hot Springs at the Buckstaff Bath House. Yea! Looking forward to the drive there from Ohio.

Statia Nov 18th, 2005 04:17 AM

Since the holiday isn't celebrated where I'm currently living, I'll be traveling my usual one mile to work. :(

Our gas prices are currently US$4.50 per gallon. Thank goodness my commute is short! :)

Have a great holiday everyone!

Intrepid1 Nov 18th, 2005 04:41 AM

I paid $2.37 per gallon for premium in Arlington, VA, yesterday.

LHG Nov 18th, 2005 05:05 AM

We will travel to Williamsburg for Thanksgiving for a junior golf tournament. Gas prices here are $2.09 for regular.

Vittrad Nov 18th, 2005 05:20 AM

I'll be traveling to Boston to visit family and gas prices by me are around $2.49 (according to a local website one can use to research low gas prices). Thankfully, I don't have a car, so it doesn't really affect me too much ... now my heating bill? That is another matter entirely.

buckeyemom Nov 18th, 2005 05:28 AM

We travel an hour south to my in-laws. In and out, same day. :-) Actually, I like my in-laws.

Gas in Columbus was 2.04 yesterday.

annikany Nov 18th, 2005 05:34 AM

My husband and I will be traveling to sunny Waikiki for Thanksgiving. Picnic on the beach will be our dinner. Here in Syracuse NY premium was 2.69 a gallon yesterday. Ouch! It was higher than that for a long time though.

RedRock Nov 18th, 2005 05:38 AM

Check out www.gasbuddy.com - big swing in prices across the land.

I am going to stay home and do my own trukey.

JJ5 Nov 18th, 2005 05:47 AM

Nowhere, everyone comes to me. Farthest from Ohio this year and down to 32- it will be tres cozy.

Gas is $2.19 to $2.32 in my Chicagoland Burbs and Will County. IN was $2.09 last weekend and heading to under $2.00 a gal. in the cheapie stations off I-80.

We are always more than everyone else, except possibly CA, in the winter months as they add IL cold running additives by law. That's what I am told.

Leona Nov 18th, 2005 05:48 AM

Staying home, but premium is DOWN to $2.45 in northern NJ.

lvk Nov 18th, 2005 06:13 AM

Staying home in Southern Cal., where the cheapest regular gasoline I have seen is $2.47, Costco might be a few pennies cheaper.

ms_go Nov 18th, 2005 06:13 AM

I paid 2.28 yesterday for regular in the far western Chicago 'burbs.

We're traveling to the Jacksonville area to spend Thanksgiving with bobthenavigator, Mrs. Bob and the rest of mr_go's family. We are flying.

iceeu2 Nov 18th, 2005 06:17 AM

Staying home for a change and loving it!

Gas in our town is $2.14, but just across the line into Tennessee it is $1.97...so I guess when I shop this weekend in Chattanooga, I will fill up there!

Happy Turkey Day to all my fodor's friends and others!

annikany, you lucky lucky girl!!

i'2((r))

Fodorite018 Nov 18th, 2005 06:27 AM

Traveling to Seattle to the inlaws, but will also spend time with old friends.

Gas was down to $2.31 at Costco a few days ago. This is just outside of Portland, OR.