Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Superbowl (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/superbowl-163077/)

Bucco Bruce Jan 13th, 2003 07:37 AM

Superbowl

Ok, Philly fans will rage that I'm thinking about Superbowl tickets just yet but I need a little time to plan ahead in case we do win next weekend.<BR><BR><BR>Superbowl tickets - when I look for them online there are numerous ticket agencies selling them with the cheapest seats running about $1600 each.<BR><BR>How do these agencies get the tickets and how do they sell them so much higher than face value (legally)?<BR><BR>thanks - a Buc fan! any ideas of how to get tickets?<BR>is it possible to scalp tickets under $500 at the game?

x Jan 13th, 2003 07:57 AM

Easy, demand vs. supply.

Ryan Jan 13th, 2003 08:10 AM

Both team's in the SuperBowl are given an allotment that it can sell to its fans. I was at the game in Tampa 2 years ago on corporate tickets. But, there were plenty of Giant fans that had purchased game packages from the Giants travel agency Big Blue Travel.<BR><BR>The package included hotel, airfare and a game ticket. If the Bucs have a travel agency that usually sells packages for road games, they'll probably have something available.

Barbara Jan 13th, 2003 08:19 AM

Bucco Bruce, teams which make it to the Superbowl are usually allotted fewer tickets than they have season ticket holders, so the Superbowl tickets are &quot;given&quot; to the season ticket holders, often in a lottery. If you aren't a season ticket holder of either of the teams, or the host team, then you have virtually no chance of getting a face value ticket. This year, the face value is $400, with some at $500.<BR><BR>There's always Ebay. There really isn't anywhere in Qualcomm where you'll get a bad view, but FYI, the main scoreboard is at the east end of the field.

Bucco Bruce Jan 13th, 2003 08:37 AM

Thanks for the information.<BR>I know each team gets a certain allotment and the season ticket holders can use the lottery but does anyone know how many are alloted to each superbowl team?

Al Davis Jan 13th, 2003 08:38 AM

Chuckie, who's your daddy?

Ryan Jan 13th, 2003 08:48 AM

If I remember correctly, the Giants received about 10,000 tickets for the game in Tampa. Something like 75% went to season ticket holders and 25% went to sponsors and corporate types.

Lois Jan 13th, 2003 04:41 PM

I was living in Miami back in 1989 when SF beat Cincy-I bought one ticket.. I wasnt going to miss it! I went through a broker and paid 375.00 for it.<BR>I didnt need hotels or anything because I lived there at the time.<BR>There are ticket brokers all over!<BR>When I paid for it, it went on a CC and the company was actually in CALIF so thats how it was done legally.<BR>Good Luck!

howitzer Jan 13th, 2003 07:10 PM

in case you do win?<BR>forget it....the cold inhospitable cement hell of the vet stadium and mcnabb and his crew will have you praying to saint petersburg for a quick flight home. <BR>bon voyage!