Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Sedona - Any indoor pools? for the kids in March (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/sedona-any-indoor-pools-for-the-kids-in-march-633063/)

OlgaM Jul 22nd, 2006 12:46 PM

Sedona - Any indoor pools? for the kids in March

I have airline reservations into Phoenix next March with 3 kids (7, 10, 13). I plan on going to the Grand Canyon for 1 or 2 nights. I'm thinking of staying in Sedona instead of Phoenix, but would like an indoor pool for the kids.

Are there any accomodations/hotels/condos that have indoor pools?

Olga

emd Jul 22nd, 2006 02:32 PM

None indoor that I know of. But the Hyatt's outdoor pool may be pretty well heated because it is open year round.

My husband and I have bene going there for many years and plan to live in Sedona part of the year when we retire. I have always thought that a hotel should put in a big indoor pool and start selling memberships for all of the Sedona retirees and other residents. But it hasn't happened yet.

wsoxrebel Jul 22nd, 2006 03:01 PM

Hilton does sell pool memberships to its spa to the residents. We have visited there in March and the heated water was quite nice.

emd Jul 22nd, 2006 04:53 PM

Oh, I see on the Hilton website that they do have a lap pool in the spa that I assume is inddors; I didn't know that, that is great info for my husband and I. Thanks, wsoxrebel. And I recall that you liked the Hilton.

For OlgaM, is it the type of pool where 3 kids can play though, or is it a spa pool for adults?

OlgaM Jul 24th, 2006 04:16 AM

I called the Hilton. They do not have an indoor pool. The concierge did not know of any hotel that had an indoor pool. She suggested going to Flagstaff - but then the liklihood of snow on the ground is greater.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Olga

horizon Jul 24th, 2006 05:12 AM

enchantment resort

Malesherbes Jul 24th, 2006 05:27 AM

Hyatt's pool is well heated. It was getting plenty of use even in the evenings around Thanksgiving when we were there...not by us wimps though. :)

wsoxrebel Jul 24th, 2006 06:55 AM

emd - Hilton has separate indoor facilities for men and women. I presume they are identical in size and quality. Womens' side has indoor jacuzzi that could probably fit over 12 people comfortably. It was the largest one I have ever seen. Indoors also has steam room, sauna, private showers, private lockers. While in the huge jacuzzi, I met a few locals, who told they had purchased annual memberships. I was quite jealous!

Adjacent to indoor facilities are the exterior facilities of heated lappool and jacuzzi. I think I also remember a volleyball court.

emd Jul 24th, 2006 07:58 AM

I think the pool the poster is speaking of at Enchantment is also a small indoor spa pool, not a pool for kids to play in.

MFNYC Jul 24th, 2006 08:35 AM

If you want an indoor pool because of the weather, that may not be an issue. We were there in March a few years ago, Sedona was warm enough for swimming outdoors. The Grand Canyon on the other hand, had a snow storm!