Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   IT IS FREAKING COLD (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/it-is-freaking-cold-694838/)

LLindaC Apr 7th, 2007 02:45 PM

IT IS FREAKING COLD

We had 70's, now the wind chill is 30 in Louisville, and our NYC trip Monday will include long underwear. Hey...it's Easter weekend, anybody else want to "COMPLAIN"???

uga1015 Apr 7th, 2007 02:53 PM

It is freaking cold in Georgia. We had 84 the other day....people were in the pool. This morning it was 28. 19 in the morning? I have completely changed what I am taking to NYC on Thursday. I have had some wonderful advice on "Sleet in April NYC"

John Apr 7th, 2007 04:09 PM

62 degrees and sunny here in Northwest Montana. Warmer tommorow (Easter)

BetsyinKY Apr 7th, 2007 04:27 PM

Linda, it's just as cold down here in the southeastern corner of the state. We had 80's on Monday, tornadoes on Tuesday, and SNOW today. There is actually visible snow on the mountaintops!

tekwriter Apr 7th, 2007 04:31 PM

Current 23 in Denver. Totally socked in today, with snowflurries most of the day. Damp and cold is icky. I hear the weather is sunny and warm on the slopes - go figure!

DownSouth Apr 7th, 2007 04:39 PM

My husband had SLEET bouncing off his golf hat this afternoon on the golf course in Baton Rouge. Truly amazing!!!!

tennislvr1 Apr 7th, 2007 04:42 PM

Ok, here is usually sunny So. Calif. it is cold and damp - drizzled all morning. Oh do I feel bad for everyone who came here for a warm Easter weekend!

Pegontheroad Apr 7th, 2007 06:19 PM

We had a beautiful day in Spokane. It was around 70 degrees. That won't last, however. A couple of years ago, there was snow on May 15 on the south hill.

wks Apr 7th, 2007 06:32 PM

I'd love to complain! Here in NYC it's a balmy 34 degrees and there were snow flurries yesterday. I'm done. I want spring. Now.

Poppa96 Apr 7th, 2007 06:34 PM

Madison, WI will be colder for Easter than it was at Christmas!

seetheworld Apr 7th, 2007 06:40 PM

YES, IT'S FREAKIN' COLD AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

I broke down and pulled out my winter coat and gloves yesterday -- it was cold and we had flurries in Westchester, NY. I-Can't-Take-It-Anymore!!!

One week from tonight we will be in balmy Arizona. Cannot Wait!!

luvtravl Apr 7th, 2007 06:41 PM

It was 23 last night and supposed to be 19 tonight here in TN. All the flowers and plants are freezing. Enough already!

Annabel Apr 7th, 2007 06:51 PM

Long Underwear!!!! Are you kidding. I'm in NY and I never wear underwear ;) I am still wearing my Ugg boots though....It's c c c cold.

JRP Apr 7th, 2007 06:57 PM

As noted above, it sure isn't golf weather in Denver. But I have been taking note of the string of cancelled baseball games in Cleveland due to heavy snow! How I remember and disdain those days- not Cleveland, just those lovely Spring days!

P_M Apr 7th, 2007 07:03 PM

I've been complaining all day, and I started such a thread in the lounge. If you do not get your fill of weather whining here, please see my thread also. :-(

This weather stinks.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34977676

P_M Apr 7th, 2007 07:05 PM

Hey DownSouth, I just saw your post. We had sleet in Austin too!! Sleet on Easter weekend is a first for Austin.

This just isn't right. :-((

dusty56438 Apr 7th, 2007 08:02 PM

It got down to 63 degrees in Honolulu a couple nights ago.

I thought I was going to freeze my okole off.

daydreamin Apr 7th, 2007 08:21 PM

Today in Boise it's been in the 70s...high 70s! Played tennis outside this morning and it felt HOT!

Woo Hoo! We have a most excellent Easter Egg Hunt planned tomorrow for the grandchildren and it's supposed to stay in the high 70s...we'll see!
Happy Easter everyone!

claire_bluesky Apr 7th, 2007 08:30 PM

Knoxville- It's record lows here! It was so beautiful and warm, we planted our petunias ($130). We have sheets all over our yard covering them. Our neighbors have sheets on their flowers. Tonight will be the big test, 22 degrees. What will we wear tomorrow? A coat!

Happy Easter all!! The Easter bunny was just here!

starrsville Apr 7th, 2007 08:50 PM

SNOW on the mountain in GA. I was going to sunrise service tomorrow morning - but not when they expect it to be 26 degrees or COLDER! Back to the low(er)lands for church in a heated sanctuary.

Brrrr.....