Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   How many Fodor's Editors are there? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/how-many-fodors-editors-are-there-501163/)

ncgrrl Feb 4th, 2005 10:24 AM

How many Fodor's Editors are there?

This week I've seen messages from Doug Stallings, William Travis and 'mesange'. Glad to know they will share their knowledge, but would love to know how many editors there are (and how many could dance on the head of a Fodor's pin).

Spygirl Feb 4th, 2005 10:54 AM

ncgrrl: there's another one "EMMANUELLE" who's shown up on the Asia board (Stallings has also thrown his two cents in there as well).

jlm_mi Feb 4th, 2005 11:03 AM

I'm going to guess that there are lots and lots of fodors editors. These are book editors, and they publish a whole lotta books!

Also, guessing that some of them have been around for a while, but that the fodors web people only recently decided to put the little red title by their names. Before that, we just didn't know they were editors when they posted.

Just guesses, though. I'm not a fodors insider. :)

GoTravel Feb 4th, 2005 11:05 AM

127?

gail Feb 4th, 2005 12:02 PM

Is this a quiz? A game? Does the person who guesses right without going over win a free trip to Detroit?

Keith Feb 4th, 2005 12:28 PM

The answer is "42."

Keith

jbee Feb 4th, 2005 12:34 PM

LMAO- Keith!
That's my answer to everything!!

michelleNYC Feb 4th, 2005 12:58 PM

More than 1 and less than 500, perhaps? ;-)

mesange Feb 4th, 2005 04:16 PM

Oh trust us, we've been watching...

annesherrod Feb 4th, 2005 06:11 PM

And what do you think?

Clifton Feb 4th, 2005 06:13 PM

Ah, but many does it take to change a light bulb? (in a charming, yet well-valued hotel room that is "large by European standards"). ;)

travis6565 Feb 4th, 2005 06:19 PM

Have to second mesange. We are, indeed, watching. we help when we can, give advice when we can, but we always watch the forum.

Tandoori_Girl Feb 4th, 2005 07:13 PM

Does anybody else feel like Sally Fields at the Academy Awards?

Keith Feb 4th, 2005 07:25 PM

Tandoori_Girl, they didn't say that they like us...

Tandoori_Girl Feb 4th, 2005 07:47 PM

OK, maybe more like the Scarecrow in Oz. Finally validated, or something.

You know, just because they say they're here doesn't mean we have to let them in ;;)

CAPH52 Feb 4th, 2005 08:40 PM

"We are, indeed, watching. we help when we can, give advice when we can, but we always watch the forum."

It's a little bit spooky!

wemr Feb 4th, 2005 09:36 PM

Why did these Fodors editors come out of the wookwork and tell us they watch our every move? "Oh trust us, we've been watching..."???

We pay your salery with our click rate! We will be watching You too.

wemr Feb 4th, 2005 09:42 PM

BTW, where do you get off pretending you are some sort of speach police for well traveled adults? Maybe you could just sit back and learn something.

tpatricco Feb 5th, 2005 04:30 AM

Be nice Fodorites!
They're watching...and they're enticed. William's coming to our May GTG in NJ and he's bringing some other "editors" too. That can't be bad! :)

soccr Feb 5th, 2005 05:19 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think the presence of Fodors editors here is a Good Thing, for a number of reasons. But I smell a Directive From the Top here -- some sort of new initiative either to mesh the two sides of the business better or to keep a lid on the forums. Or both -- and if so, probably a Good Thing, too.

I'm one of those who gets annoyed when I think a post comes from some freelance (or even fully employed) travel writer using our experience, opinions, etc. to substitute for his/her own research legwork. But it's entirely appropriate to have Fodors writers in the "neighborhood" -- and if it improves a product, so be it.