Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, Dec. 3 (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/freaky-friday-rants-and-raves-dec-3-a-488941/)

jor Dec 2nd, 2004 07:25 PM

Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, Dec. 3

Rant: My dog went nuts when I clipped his claws. ((&))

Rave: Now I have local TV stations from my dish. :S-

Rant: I heard that the new director of Homeland Security once worked for the Saudi Royal Family. I hope it isn't true. :-?

Rave: My snow blower is up and running. C:)

amwosu Dec 2nd, 2004 07:35 PM

11 more days of work before I head to Aspen!

During class (I teach elementary PE) a first grade student told me he loves me. Who else gets told they are loved at work???

Our third grade standardized test scores, published yesterday, were the highest in our county.

Chocolate covered carmel popcorn from the Boy Scouts ROCKS!!!

No rants. I can't think of a one.

bonniebroad Dec 2nd, 2004 08:01 PM

RAVE: My Christmas tree is up, just boughts wreaths, roping and beautiful pink poinsettias at Farmer's Market today.

RAVE: Can now do overhead and chest presses without feeling like bawling! (Getting a little easier! ;;) )

RANT: Jor, my cairn terrier goes so nuts when his nails are cut that his Vet has to do the job, with a muzzle on......... (the dog, not the Vet! :p )

RAVE: ACC basketball is rockin' ........ the best, the best, the best! :-d (Now THAT'S bragging!)

RAVE: ((8)) "It's the most wonderful season of all." ((8))

RAVE: All the terrific Fodorites who *visit* with each other every Friday on Jor's FFR&R's!

RAVE: The fantastic people who staff the YMCA.......... is it just North Raleigh's or are they all like that??? :-)

Happy weekend, everybody!

Scarlett Dec 2nd, 2004 08:10 PM

Happy Friday!
Rave:
Christmas shopping with my daughter.
Christmas shopping with my husband.
Oh well, just Christmas shopping :D

Rave: Florida winter ((#))

((L)) to a friend who just found out she will be a grandmother in a few months :D

Tandoori_Girl Dec 2nd, 2004 08:14 PM

Rave: to be posting after my dear neighbor Scarlett on jor's FFR&R.

Rave: FL winter and Xmas around the corner; good vibes, parties; my son's madrigal dinner :-]

Rant: no kidding, jor -- the Saudi Royal's? How much more secure could we get?

Rave: well, it is Friday ;;)

travelinwifey Dec 2nd, 2004 10:04 PM

((L))((L))((&))((L))((L))

Rusty dog is home safe and sound!

And the butler did it!

A maid that had been working in the neighborhood which matched the description of the eyewitness brought the dog back home to SIL early Wednesday.

The story of the abduction had been printed in two local papers and the the reward was upped to 2k.

With all the heat I think the thief got scared. He came home malnourished and full of fleas, but thank heavens he's back! The abductor's excuse was "I thought he was lost and then I went out of town" SIL let it go and the family is reunited.

Thanks for all the warm thoughts fodorites! And a happy ending! >:D<

bonniebroad Dec 2nd, 2004 10:23 PM

FANTASTIC, Travelinwifey!!! :-) Our ((L)) to Rusty ((&)) ........ Now that's a RAVE! That makes my day!!!

Marilyn Dec 2nd, 2004 10:40 PM

Travelingwifey, I can't believe it!! That makes me really happy and will be one of my raves for today.

Rave: Yountville GTG was so much fun! As we get to know each other better, our GTGs are that much more enjoyable.

Rave: I get a massage tomorrow.

MelissaHI Dec 2nd, 2004 11:32 PM

Rave: My niece (PakePorkChop's daughter) just came home from India.

Rant: I am still pouting that I could not make the Yountville GTG.

Rave: Honolulu Marathon is coming up on December 12. yee ha! Anyone joining me?

Rant: I have not been able to plan my travel for 2005 yet.

mikemo Dec 3rd, 2004 01:32 AM

Rave: Rusty dog is home after his abduction.

Rave: Long street walks with the Greyhounds keeps their claws trim (and my waist size @ 30" as well). A Dremmel tool with a small sanding bit is an effective atraumatic back-up for their claws.

Rant: My home buyer has postponed settlement from 10 to 17 December.

Rant: Dallas County wants a $55. convenience fee to pay my city/county property taxes on line. I'll write a check if I can find one and buy a stamp if I can remember where the post office is located.

Rave: No US TV since April '03.

Rave/Rant: Mostly cosmetic pool repairs finished today and look wonderful. Now I have to pay for 40K gallons of water to refill the pool and spa.

Rant: Cool/cold weather and higher natural gas heating bills (up 23% last year over '02 and up 8% this year over last).

Rant: The Leukemia/Lymphoma Society truck never showed up to take my donations on Thursday after forcing me to stay home and wait all day.

Rave: Director (if approved) Kerik was next President Rudy Giuliani's NYC Police Commissioner.

Feliz fin de semana!

M

marigross Dec 3rd, 2004 02:25 AM

Rave: My hiking tour for Santiago de Compostela has been paid for and air reservations with FF have finally been arranged :)

Rant: The hiking tour is in MAY and we had to pay in full now to guarantee the current price so that it does not get higher if/as the dollar goes lower.

Rave: The Xmas decorations are all up and the shopping is 50% complete. I kwow what Im getting for everyone that is missing so I just have to take a deep breath and go shopping for it.

Rant: We still have no clue who will be the Governor of Puerto Rico!!! It seems that January 2nd will come and go and we still wont know!

OneWanderingJew Dec 3rd, 2004 02:53 AM

Rave: Rusty the dog is back! That's awesome T'wifey!

Rave: My husband treated me to a facial yesterday. I came home looking all smooth and he said beautiful (I'm not sure about that last part!) I haven't had one in probably 2 years and it was quite the treat.

Rave: I have a hair appointment today--just a coincidence that I'm spending all this time in salons...

Rave: Two weeks til Winter Break

Rant: I don't think I'm going anywhere because we've traveled a lot this year and my husband has no more time left.

Rave: My SIL who's on bedrest w/twins has made it to 34wks. They weren't sure she would be able to go this long...

Rave: These twins won't be named Phineous and Hazel like Julia Roberts' :)

elizabeth_reed Dec 3rd, 2004 03:09 AM

Rave: husband coming home today from a business trip to France and Germany.

Rave: during husband's absence, the two cats have been as protective as little Secret Service agents.

Rave: still fab weather -- enough for a bike ride yesterday (maybe tomorrow, too).

Rave: ripped CDs for the whole week husband was gone. Am in mp3 heaven.

Rave: have a new Hamilton Beach drink mixer to play with (early Christmas present from Mother)

Rant: "Sideways" still not showing in my city

[great news about Rusty!]

doc_ Dec 3rd, 2004 03:15 AM

Rant: Barry Bonds and Balco. No need for it.

Rave: At least Giambi came clean and admits to it. Good for him.

Rant: Sleep deprived cause my son was up all night.

Rave:Moving to a new house this week.
Rant: Gotta move all my junk.

jersey Dec 3rd, 2004 03:21 AM

Good morning and happy Friday...

There is frost on my deck this morning and quite a nip in the air here in Central New Jersey. The sun is creeping up and it looks to be a lovely day.

Rant- Not on my cruise any more.

Rave- My family had a terrific time cruising the Caribbean. There was something for all of us. (LOVED the hypnotist).

Rave-My backyard is now fully fenced and my Greyhound, Raffi, is in seventh heaven tearing around. Silly puppy.

Rant-Nothing Christmas like done at all in my home. I promise to start today.

Have a great weekend...

cd Dec 3rd, 2004 04:01 AM

Travlin....Did Rusty dogs captor still get the 2K????? Glad he's home. I had a Rusty when I was a little girl.
RAVE : Christmas decorations up and beautiful inside and out!!
RAVE: Husbands new job going well!!

Dan Dec 3rd, 2004 04:15 AM

Rave: we're pregnant. And twins, no less!

Rant: Better ask the boss for a raise.

Statia Dec 3rd, 2004 04:27 AM

Rave: It's Friday....even if I do have a lot of work to get done over the weekend.

Rave: Rusty the dog was found!

Rave: The weather here has been just gorgeous. Sunny and breezy with temps in the mid 80's.

Rant: My Jack Russell Terrier, Bailey, got into a scrap with a big dog. I wish he'd learn that he's actually a small pup, even if he has the attitude of a Doberman.

Rant: Bailey got his eye scratched up pretty bad and it got ended up getting infected. There is no vet where we live, so we were kind of up a creek with having only eye wash to clean it.

Rave: A co-worker happened to have some veterinarian antibacterial ointment that probably saved my pupper's sight! He's good as new now.

Rave: OWJ's SIL's twins, and herself getting some pampering after her recent ordeal.

Have a great weekend my Fodorite friends! :)

Statia Dec 3rd, 2004 04:28 AM

Congratulations, Dan!

missjanna Dec 3rd, 2004 04:28 AM

Rave: Rusty the dog making ir home and Dan's upcoming twins! Congrats!!

Rave: My cat being well behaved over the holiday at my parents. So much so, that they wanted to keep her!!

Rave: Had a great Thanksgiving with BF's family in Nashua, NH. We helped out in his parents' store during the town stroll where they walk with candles. It was nice but crazy!!

Rave: Got most of my Xmas shopping done in NH. No sales tax!! Only 2 more gifts left to go. (One will be cash so that doesn't matter!)

Rant: Hospital is taking forever to get my records to my doctor for my gallstones. I know I need surgery, but can't do anything until he gets the records.

Rant: It's getting chilly here in NY. That and I hate getting up while it's still dark outside!!

Rant: Giambi and Bonds. At least they fessed up to it now, but Bonds trying to say he didn't know it was steroids? Come on now.

Rave: Getting Stanton for Heredia. We didn't want Heredia anymore, so we'll take it!

Rave: Starting to plan my 2005 travel...and I'm picking up Texas Hold Em