Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Boothbay Harbor -Where to stay (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/boothbay-harbor-where-to-stay-255885/)

Big Daddy Sep 4th, 2002 12:29 PM

Boothbay Harbor -Where to stay

We are planning a very special birthday vacation in Boothbay in October. We are looking for the very very nicest place on the water with a balcony overlooking the harbor. Price is not a consideration since this will be a special trip. We really want the best-most luxurious place in the area.<BR>Thank you for your recommendation.

Judy Sep 4th, 2002 12:52 PM

I don't think Bootbhay has any "5 star" hotels. However I think Spruce Point Inn is closest to what you want. After that the next best would be Ocean Point, Fisherman's Wharf, Rocktide Inn. All of these places have rooms on and off the water and each have a restaurant. Many hotels close Columbus Day weekend so that may limit your choice.

JennS Sep 18th, 2002 12:34 PM

The Anchor Watch is a very nice B&B that does have rooms with balcony on the water!

Kristen Sep 18th, 2002 04:29 PM

My parents just returned from Boothbay. They said they would go back to the Spruce Point Inn in a second - stayed in the Admirals Quarters and had a wonderful/huge room and fantastic view.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Donna Sep 18th, 2002 05:21 PM

I think the best harbor views are from the Queen Corner rooms at the Tugboat Inn. You may also want to consider Ocean Point or the Gables Inn in East Boothbay. Both have websites. You might want to check out lots of lodging possibilities at www.boothbayharbor.com. We did not like Spruce Point. Too far to walk to "town" and the pine needles all over, all over, drove us mad.

Andy Sep 18th, 2002 09:15 PM

Big Daddy- WHATEVER you do, make sure the BnB or hotel that you stay at is NOT next to a ferry landing-<BR><BR>You will be awakened at the crack of dawn and get no sleep!

Jackie Sep 19th, 2002 05:43 AM

Brown's Wharf Inn is beautifully kept and is on the quiet side of the harbor. Every room has a great view of the harbor and the marina in front of the bldg. It is a 3 story motel, as opposed to an inn despite its name. Anywhere on the harbor, the lobster fishermen will start up their loud, diesel engines around 4:30AM but we think it adds to the atmosphere!

ann Sep 19th, 2002 06:11 AM

I stayed at Admiral's Quarter's for my honeymoon. Lovely room great view and right there!!

Barry Oct 1st, 2002 07:14 PM

just came back from Boothbay Harbor and got a great room on the water at the Rocktide Inn and it has a great location next to the footbridge on the quiet side .You must ask for a room with 2 double beds on the water with a view.The Rocktide is next door to the best lobster,"steamers" and corn we tasted all week and we went back several times and a friendly owner named Mitch who also is great for day trip info and restaurants in nearby towns...WARNING.... many places close soon