Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Scotland, Haggis & Sheila (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-haggis-and-sheila-85893/)

Dick Sep 8th, 2000 12:18 PM

Scotland, Haggis & Sheila

For those who care, Sheila of Scotland, Loves nothing better than to bash Americans who make errors in grammer, spelling or worst, punctuation. She has corrected me on a couple of occasions when I goofed. However, there isan even more interesting aspect of Sheila. Some of you know this but for those of you who don't let me tell you about her little dark secret. <BR>Sheila raises haggis on her farm located in the highlands. Now I ask you, how can anyone raise these cute furry creatures, who harm no one, for their meat and fur. I think these warm sweet wee mythical beast should be set free and Sheila should find other pursuits. If you agree I strongly recommend you vent your concerns and perhaps we can convice Sheila to stop this endeavor.

TrollBasher Sep 8th, 2000 12:45 PM

TROLL ALERT!

Inspector Sep 8th, 2000 01:10 PM

Dick <BR> <BR>You missed the space between the words "is" and "an".

Amik Sep 8th, 2000 04:15 PM

Dick, <BR>You're a dick. <BR>Amik.

Sheila Sep 9th, 2000 12:28 AM

Yeah! Everyone knows you can't raise haggis in captivity.

Tee Sep 9th, 2000 09:26 AM

I like free-range haggis, myself!

PETA Oct 16th, 2000 10:44 AM

Sheila, I see you don't deny the truth of Dick's allegations. Well, how would you like to spend the end of your life stuffed in a tube? Repent!

mad cow Oct 16th, 2000 11:37 AM

I would never consider eating haggis. Shiela? Now that is another matter!

SharonM Oct 16th, 2000 11:41 AM

Are haggis distant relatives of the "Nauga" ?

Henry Ford Oct 16th, 2000 11:47 AM

SharonM don't be silly. Have you ever seen a car with a (an?) haggishyde interior?

Al Godon Oct 16th, 2000 04:34 PM

It may be a troll on hagis. But Sheila will ram raw hagis down your throat if you give her half a chance.

elvira Oct 16th, 2000 05:44 PM

What I found most distressing is that haggis don't seem to thrive anywhere outside of Scotland. Sheila sent me a little haggis to start my own herd, but the little bugger just, well, shriveled up and took a dirt nap. Maybe it's the climate?

S. C. Oct 18th, 2000 12:17 PM

Named after the famed Roman general, Haggis Ahgagus (and they do!). My mother in law was an old haggis and I just could stomach her, always belly aching about this and that, a real wool gatherer. So long, lambie pies, I'm glad I had the guts to write. <BR> <BR>We cringe at the thought of the haggis, <BR>the concept doth totally gag us, <BR>to eat wee sheap' gut <BR>would take some sort of nut, <BR>with a rope and wild horses to drag us.

SharonM Oct 19th, 2000 11:47 AM

...ok, ok! Since you can't sit on haggishyde can you ride them or do they grow big enough? I have Scottish blood flowing thru my veins and feel I should have a better understanding of the Scottish Haggi (pl?)...

rand Oct 19th, 2000 12:19 PM

Elvira, you were hoping to start a herd with one haggis? Some thing missing here, like another haggis.No wonder it died of lonlyness.