Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Question on Logging into Trip Advisor (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/question-on-logging-into-trip-advisor-954963/)

Dayle Oct 28th, 2012 10:53 AM

Question on Logging into Trip Advisor

I'm down to the details for transporation during my Sicily trip in April....

Several Fodorites have recommended getting localized bus, etc. advice from the experts on Trip Advisor, as there is more detailed info there.

Problem is, I cannot remember my Trip Advisor password and the promised links to re-set my password do not arrive to my e mail account from the Trip Advisor web site.

I can find no other way to contact their webmasters. Any suggestions??!

thanks in advance!

DebitNM Oct 28th, 2012 11:02 AM

Why not just create a new account?

Dayle Oct 28th, 2012 12:02 PM

Debit,

I shows my e mail address as an existing trip advisor account and will not allow a new one using that same address. I know a lot of people use multiple e mail addresses, but I don't.

Is there another way around this?

hetismij2 Oct 28th, 2012 12:05 PM

Have you checked your spam folder for the mails from Trip Advisor?

DebitNM Oct 28th, 2012 12:06 PM

Are you checking your spam filter? If TA has your correct email address, then it would "seem" that the reset email should have been sent.

You can get a gmail email acct pretty easily, if you can't find any other way to ask a question.

Dayle Oct 28th, 2012 12:13 PM

Yes, I've checked the spam filters and quarantined folders and the re-set password e mails from Trip Advisor are not there....

Christina Oct 28th, 2012 01:06 PM

I had that problem once with some other website. I think it ended up being their issue, some weird computer thing. I just kept trying which is what I suggest, try again tomorrow or something and maybe the email will show up. They don't give you any way to contact them in the help or customer service section if you can't get into the website, it is true.

If you still can't get an email after a couple days,
try calling 617-670-6300 and press 9 to get a real person (this is in Needham, MA) or for email try [email protected]

Those are headquarters numbers in their "fact sheet."

hetismij2 Oct 28th, 2012 01:09 PM

I think you may have to bite the bullet and make a new e-mail address. Once you are in you can probably contact the mods for help. The website seems incredibly unuser-friendly to me. I'm not a member and searched everywhere for contact details, but without signing in there seems to be no way.
Good luck!

Dayle Oct 28th, 2012 01:22 PM

I know! Rather ironic that you can't contact for help without being able to log in. I've tried multiple times with no luck.

Oh well. Trip Advisor is not for me!

Dayle Oct 28th, 2012 01:24 PM

Christina,
Thanks for the e mail address. I will try that and see what happens....

denisea Oct 28th, 2012 01:51 PM

i hope you can work it out. Trip Advisor is very useful in my planning!