Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Looking for a 3 or 4 Day tour Suggestions in Turkey (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/looking-for-a-3-or-4-day-tour-suggestions-in-turkey-612795/)

kodi May 3rd, 2006 04:52 PM

Looking for a 3 or 4 Day tour Suggestions in Turkey

My friend is going to Turkey for 2 weeks. She will be spending a few days in Istanbul on her own and a few days at a south beach. Can anyone suggest a 3 or 4 day tour that would compliment what she's planned already?
Any good tour companies that do short tours. NOt looking for Globus or any those big companies that do 14 day tours.

Thanks for any help.

sinan May 4th, 2006 03:16 AM

Write to Parasol Holidays

[email protected]

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdneiz

kodi May 4th, 2006 04:43 AM

Thank you very much. I will pass this along to my friend.

Selin Jul 6th, 2006 10:16 AM

Hi, if your friend hasn't already booked a tour, I recommend the Fez tour (www.feztravel.com). I've traveled with them 3 years ago and it was fantastic. So much so, that I'm going again this year and booked 3 tickets for the 'Silk Tour'. Unfortunately, i've now had to cancel so if you're interested in the tour, let me know so I can arrage a transfer to your friend's name at a discounted rate :)

asa4 Jul 10th, 2006 10:17 AM

I was on my own as a single female traveller for part of my time in turkey and did not do any tours (not my thing).

however, i did join up with a group of nine people for a 3 day gulet trip out of Fethiye. that was in june. the particular boat i was on stopped at several interesting locals for hiking and exploring ruins. you have to be very careful about choosing the right outfit, though. friends of mine chose a different gulet company with a different route and felt it was just "average."

personally, my favorite part of turkey is Cappadocia. that's my recommendation. it's completely unique and stunningly beautiful.

i stayed at several places in cappadocia, one of which was giramasu hotel. a very beautiful place. the guy who owns it, suleyman, is terrific. he also does tours and balloon rides. i think his outfit is "cappadoccia tours." your friend could check in with him. he's a great source of info and wont try to "sell" you on anything.

i also stayed at kelebek hotel in cappadoccia, and they run tours to the ihlara valley and other places as well. you'd be suprised at how much you can do "a la carte" if you want to create your own tour.

a lot depends on what your friend is interested in--culture? nature? also, it depends on what time of year she's going. send us a few details so we can help with more specifics.

kodi Jul 10th, 2006 03:02 PM

selin, I have passed the information along to my friend...Thank you so much.

Asa4, my friend leaves next week and I know she is talking about a gulet trip. so this information will be great to pass along. It sounds like you had a great time... I know my friend will really appreciate all the information you have provided. Thanks very much.

HookedNTravel Jul 14th, 2006 09:10 AM

asa4 said "3 day gulet trip out of Fethiye. that was in june. the particular boat i was on stopped at several interesting locals for hiking and exploring ruins. you have to be very careful about choosing the right outfit"
>>How would I get linked up with the boat you did?
>>What characteristics make the "right outfit" to go with?
We'll be going to Turket Summer 2007 for 2 weeks and all the postings have been great. Thanks.