Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Ira Has Been Kidnapped (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/ira-has-been-kidnapped-999672/)

Barnaby Dec 7th, 2013 10:03 AM

Ira Has Been Kidnapped

Hello all,

My human animal companion has been spirited away.

All that we know is that he received a message from Fodors saying that he had been suspended for violating the guidelines.

We suspect agents of KAOS might be behind this plot.

I am writing to you because I cannot access The Lounge.

Whoever might see this, please inform everyone of the nefarious rendition that has taken place.

If anyone can help regarding what has happened we would be most appreciative.

Thank you all,

Barnaby Bengal
((@))

kerouac Dec 7th, 2013 10:17 AM

This is dreadful news and appears to be true because a quick click informs me that the poster no longer exists.

It is essential to know more about the "crime" however. Could ira be a reincarnation of Eugene Terre'Blanche, for example?

janisj Dec 7th, 2013 10:19 AM

You need to e-mail the monitors and discuss it with them. You (ira) may have fallen through an auto-filter of some sort.

HappyTrvlr Dec 7th, 2013 10:24 AM

This has to be a mistake! I

Tabernash2 Dec 7th, 2013 10:47 AM

That has to be a mistake! ira doesn't post things that need to be removed. He just gets cranky sometimes. haha

kja Dec 7th, 2013 10:59 AM

I can't imagine what Ira would have done to deserve such a fate, but I can say that I think that anyone who shared such wonderful pictures of Sicily ought to be forgiven for almost anything. :-)

KTtravel Dec 7th, 2013 11:05 AM

Bring Back Ira! Bring Back Ira!

socaltraveler Dec 7th, 2013 12:48 PM

Well this is a real shame.

StCirq Dec 7th, 2013 01:21 PM

Oh no! WTH?

Do you know if it's temporary or permanent? Happened to me once (can't even remember why), and I was back on in 10 days (probably the most productive of my life:))

Hershey Dec 7th, 2013 01:25 PM

Several people have been banned "accidentally" by being caught in Fodor's spam or profanity filters. Please contact the editors because I'm sure it's a mistake.

hetismij2 Dec 7th, 2013 01:43 PM

I hope Ira finds his way back soon.

Better not let Flannerpooch know you are here ;).

Underhill Dec 7th, 2013 02:21 PM

Ira gone? Surely not! He's one of the most sane and informative posters around.

PalenQ Dec 7th, 2013 02:39 PM

I consider Ira as one of the nicest most polite informative Fodorgarchs - not sure what happened and it could be like Hershey says some auto mistake - hopefully Ira will be back and if not he will be sorely missed and a great loss to Fodors IMO.

DeborahAnn Dec 7th, 2013 02:42 PM

I'm happy to see that some of those very strange first time posters are no longer on Fodors and I thank the careful monitoring here for that. Suspending Ira and his light bulb, however, doesn't make sense to me since as a long time poster he is so helpful and knowledgeable about travel and he even does trip reports ;;) Hope to see him back here soon, Deborah

yipper Dec 7th, 2013 03:05 PM

This is ridiculous.

nukesafe Dec 7th, 2013 03:12 PM

I concur with all of you who are shocked at Iras banishment! If such a gentle contributor were to be scourged for being cranky, I should long ago been banned, my village raised, and my fields sown with salt!

thursdaysd Dec 7th, 2013 03:13 PM

Amazing, and not in a good way.

susan001 Dec 7th, 2013 03:26 PM

Unbelievable. One of the cornerstones of this forum. Bring him back!

Barnaby Dec 7th, 2013 03:28 PM

Thank you all for the kind words and good advice.

I shall ask my friend Archie to type a letter to the Fodors editors.

((b))

Fra_Diavolo Dec 7th, 2013 04:00 PM

Cockroach!