Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   I/we am/are writing a travel guide (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/i-we-am-are-writing-a-travel-guide-123249/)

theresasucker May 10th, 2001 11:04 AM

I/we am/are writing a travel guide

My name is George/Jeff/Steve/Tim/Tom and I/we are writing a travel guide to London. Please do all my/our work for me/us for no compensation or thanks: <BR> <BR>Budgeting <BR>Currency exchange <BR>Culture <BR>Packing tips <BR>Restaurant recommendations <BR>Hotel recommendations <BR>Complete instructions for using public transportation <BR>Every bit of information on every tourist sight in the city <BR> <BR>Anything you can add that will help me fill up a $17.95 all-inclusive guide to London would be very kind of you.

stacey May 10th, 2001 11:09 AM

Thank You! I wanted to post something similar, but after all the griping last week - was rather afraid to do so. I actually assumed it was some kind of school project.

Eva May 10th, 2001 11:13 AM

i must commend you...brava brava brava <BR> <BR>Very clever and biting way to put it. Wish I thought of it myself.

marekting May 10th, 2001 12:27 PM

Don't forget George/Jeff/Steve/Tim/Tom, that once you compile all of the free advice we give you, you must come back to fodors.com and relentessly try to sell our own information back to us. <BR> <BR>Do not be dissuaded, no matter what. Start screaming that you are being "attacked" if anyone questions you. Threaten them with FBI investigation or a massive civil suit. Post anonymously and often and praise your book, giving it high marks and suggesting that everyone run right out and buy it. Create a website for it and redirect all Fodor's traffic over to it. They won't mind.

Gloria May 10th, 2001 12:29 PM

Huh? What is THIS all about?

Capo May 10th, 2001 12:41 PM

I'd be delighted to contribute to your upcoming travel guide. Here are my suggestions regarding some of your areas of interest: <BR> <BR>Budgeting: Bring lots of money <BR>Currency exchange: Change <I>your</I> money into the money of the country in which you are traveling. When you run out, change some more. <BR>Culture: Lactobacillus acidophilus, a culture often added to yogurt, is a "probiotic" bacteria which passes through the stomach to the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. There, it helps maintain a healthy balance between the 200-plus kinds of bacteria that live there. You can find many different types of yogurt in Europe. <BR>Packing tips: It is not advisable to pack any tips, especially sharp ones, as they may break off and damage your luggage. <BR>

John May 10th, 2001 01:33 PM

Give the poor kid a break, he posted about 10 messages within 10 minutes or so around 1:30 PM EDT. Must be tired. (Plus, his web access to Fodor's is WAY better than mine.) <BR> <BR>Actually, come to think of it, that's inhumanly fast... Could it be that his real name is....HAL??!!

Can May 10th, 2001 01:38 PM

Restaurant recommendations-eat at open restaurants <BR> <BR>Hotel recommendations-same as above, don't stay in any closed hotels <BR> <BR>Complete instructions for using public transportation- this one is very difficult, maybe you can walk on the side walk, outside <BR> <BR>Every bit of information on every tourist sight in the city- it was too much to type, so I mailed this info to you. <BR> <BR>good luck on your new book. I will be happy to buy several copies since I travel so often <BR> <BR>

Me May 10th, 2001 11:08 PM

Just steal everything off of Rick Steves website like everyone else does.

fill May 11th, 2001 09:47 AM

Share the joke, what is this about? I take it concerns an earlier thread, but what thread?

John May 11th, 2001 10:07 AM

Fill, some guy (or gal or 'bot?) posted a slug of one-liner questions yesterday around 1:30 under titles like "Driving in London" etc. Used different men's names like Mo or Jeff, but the same email address, [email protected]. Playing games, we presume.

Eva May 11th, 2001 10:08 AM

A couple of days ago someone posted about 10 different threads all dealing with a different aspect of London and every thread was written by [email protected] and so on...this person is addressing it and mocking - and I love it!

theresasucker May 16th, 2001 07:03 AM

Maurice is writing the business section, and also conducting seminars on how to conduct business in London, so he could really use a lot of information to justify his $500 pp fee.

funny May 16th, 2001 07:16 AM

George/Jeff/Steve, etc.: Please do not forget to include a travel fashion section in your guidebook.

xxx May 16th, 2001 07:33 AM

And don't give up your day job. Job security in the publishing world, especially in travel books, is never a given. <BR>