Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Good news! Lush coming to SF! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/good-news-lush-coming-to-sf-262154/)

Betsy Sep 30th, 2002 11:44 AM

Good news! Lush coming to SF!

For those who until now have had to stock up when in Europe, I just heard on the noon news that Lush is opening its first US store in San Francisco! If you don't live in the Bay Area, maybe it'll be possible to do mail order in the US instead of paying the high shipping charges from Canada and Europe. I'm so happy to have a local supply of their figs and leaves soap! Yes!

Red Sep 30th, 2002 11:50 AM

I wonder if the FDA made them change any of their recipes? One of my bath bombs had a slice of orange in it.

janis Sep 30th, 2002 12:02 PM

It will be just Like Body Shop and Crabtree & Evelyn shops in the States - some things will be exactly the same and some will not be available.

NYGirl Sep 30th, 2002 12:26 PM

OK, now all my West coast friends know what to get me for Christmas!

brenda Sep 30th, 2002 12:29 PM

This is great news. I cherish the soaps I first discovered in Rome. I love them all!!!<BR><BR>Thanks for the tip.

Betsy Sep 30th, 2002 02:46 PM

Radio blurb said the store is going to be located near the "cable car turn around." Guess that could be near Market Street or near Ghiradelli Square. There's no info on the Lush website about where the store will be or when it will open, so if anyone finds out, please post here.

yah Sep 30th, 2002 03:00 PM

SF now .can 748 stores be far behind?<BR><BR>Marketing is a wondrous thing!

tpl Sep 30th, 2002 03:02 PM

Thanks for making my day!

I_am Sep 30th, 2002 03:11 PM

I have not made any plans to go to San Francisco!! And where do you get off calling me a Lush?

x Sep 30th, 2002 05:46 PM

You just made my day!!! <BR><BR>That bath bomb with the orange slice...its the Sicilian:) Love it:)<BR><BR>I order from the Canadian site now...but the SF store should be cheaper.<BR><BR>Ahhh...but to go back to London to their stores there would be heaven:)

songbird Sep 30th, 2002 06:01 PM

That's wonderful news. I have never been to Europe but have had the pleasure of being introduced to the lush products by a well traveled gentleman friend.(One of the positive aspects of that now defunted affair) It will be a heavenly!<BR>Any address available?<BR>Thanks<BR>Songbird

Thom Sep 30th, 2002 06:08 PM

I must say, I had no clue why women rave so over a piece of soap until my curiosity drove me to look them up. It explained it all: they look like candies - it must feel sinfully decadent to bathe one's cellulite in candy that costs a small fortune.<BR><BR>http://www.lush.co.uk/system/index.html

xxx Sep 30th, 2002 06:15 PM

You cherish soap? Egads.

ooohhh Sep 30th, 2002 08:01 PM

Try the massage bars:)<BR>

scumpy Sep 30th, 2002 08:27 PM

<BR>I was just in a city that had a Lush. I noted it on the street in passing as I was hurrying somewhere else. And the reason I noticed it was because of the smells coming out the door. Then I tried to think what Lush meant. Oh yeah, that Grench soap store Fodorites rave about. <BR><BR>Let me think where I was. Oh yeah, Victoria, British Columbia. Victoria has a very chi chi shopping area with all the best brand name stores. Next time I'm there, I'll give Lush a look. What do I want to try as a newbie?

scumpy Sep 30th, 2002 08:31 PM

Hahahahahaha, French. Not Grench. But now I have just looked up Lush store locations, and there are quite a few I could go to in Vancouver area. I live close to Vancouver. Maybe I can see what all the hoopla is about.

Betsy Sep 30th, 2002 09:05 PM

Scumpy, try figs and leaves soap. You won't be sorry!

ttt Oct 1st, 2002 02:38 AM

ttttt

x Oct 1st, 2002 04:51 AM

I love the Bath Bombs.<BR>We will be in Montreal this fall and I will be able to shop at their Lush store on rue St Denis!

Drunk Oct 1st, 2002 04:57 AM

Hey, I'm not going to San Francisco ... I don't think.