Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   5 cities in Europe in 15 days (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/5-cities-in-europe-in-15-days-270534/)

Tayana Nov 3rd, 2002 02:13 PM

5 cities in Europe in 15 days

I know not many travellers like to rush between cities but I find mysellf more excited and jolly when I spend 3 nights in each place. This winter I would like to do 5 cities in Europe. I am flying in and out of London between dec 30-jan 14) Venice would be nice and I am not fond of Paris or Milan. I know many will tell you I will be in and out of airports but I see that as part of the experience. Others will tell me I will be checking in and out of hotels but I like trying different hotels. <BR><BR>Maybe to help you might like to know abit of info about me. I am 30 year old female from Bangkok teaching at a University Victorian Poetry. I love doing all the touristy things like taking tours. I also love taking drives along scenic routes, as wel las window shopping. Since I live in a humid country I hardly get to wear sweaters, jackets and gloves so am sure I would like that this winter.Hope I have not bored you with my information.

Nimble Nov 3rd, 2002 02:19 PM

To each his own - go for it if you like to travel that way. I did something similiar once: Venice, Salzburg, Munich, Prague.

tjc Nov 3rd, 2002 02:22 PM

If you look forward to sweaters and jacket climate - you might like 3 days in Copenhagen,Denmark. Very walkable area; their walking street is called the Stroget with varied shops;there is an assortment of castles, musuems and churches(the Marble Church is a nice one) and the trains are easy to <BR>navigate.<BR>Another suggestion might be Dublin, Ireland - an easy trip from London.

Linda Nov 3rd, 2002 03:00 PM

Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice or Budapest

xxx Nov 3rd, 2002 03:05 PM

Tayana wants to go to 5 places in the 15 days so why is everyone giving her 4 cities is what I would like to know??!<BR>I would go for london,prague,Venice, Vienna and salzburg.

Patrick Nov 3rd, 2002 04:37 PM

London, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice.

Sorcha Nov 3rd, 2002 05:05 PM

You might consider mixing your flights with some train trips - train stations tend to be much closer to city centre and easier to get to than airports, plus you'll get to see a bit of the countryside as well as the cities you pick. <BR><BR>I would definately fly from London to your second destination, and back to London from your fourth. But, for instance, Rome and Venice are about 4 hours apart by train. Venice-Ljubljana is about 5.5 hrs, Vienna-Budapest is less than 3 hours, and Vienna-Bratislava is less than 1 (you could even fit in Bratislava as a 6th city, for a daytrip - it's fairly small). Vienna/Salzburg is 3.5 hrs, <BR><BR>Vienna/Prague is about 5 hours, and Berlin/Prague 6.5, so those might be better choices for flying, if you choose those city combinations - but don't forget it takes time to get to/from the airport, check in, check bags, get to the gate before it closes, and so on. Anyway, sounds like a great trip - best of luck, whatever you decide!