5 cities in Europe in 15 days

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:13 PM
Tayana

5 cities in Europe in 15 days

I know not many travellers like to rush between cities but I find mysellf more excited and jolly when I spend 3 nights in each place. This winter I would like to do 5 cities in Europe. I am flying in and out of London between dec 30-jan 14) Venice would be nice and I am not fond of Paris or Milan. I know many will tell you I will be in and out of airports but I see that as part of the experience. Others will tell me I will be checking in and out of hotels but I like trying different hotels.

Maybe to help you might like to know abit of info about me. I am 30 year old female from Bangkok teaching at a University Victorian Poetry. I love doing all the touristy things like taking tours. I also love taking drives along scenic routes, as wel las window shopping. Since I live in a humid country I hardly get to wear sweaters, jackets and gloves so am sure I would like that this winter.Hope I have not bored you with my information.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:19 PM
Nimble

To each his own - go for it if you like to travel that way. I did something similiar once: Venice, Salzburg, Munich, Prague.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:22 PM
tjc

If you look forward to sweaters and jacket climate - you might like 3 days in Copenhagen,Denmark. Very walkable area; their walking street is called the Stroget with varied shops;there is an assortment of castles, musuems and churches(the Marble Church is a nice one) and the trains are easy to
navigate.
Another suggestion might be Dublin, Ireland - an easy trip from London.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:00 PM
Linda

Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice or Budapest

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 03:05 PM
xxx

Tayana wants to go to 5 places in the 15 days so why is everyone giving her 4 cities is what I would like to know??!
I would go for london,prague,Venice, Vienna and salzburg.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:37 PM
Patrick

London, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:05 PM
Sorcha

You might consider mixing your flights with some train trips - train stations tend to be much closer to city centre and easier to get to than airports, plus you'll get to see a bit of the countryside as well as the cities you pick.

I would definately fly from London to your second destination, and back to London from your fourth. But, for instance, Rome and Venice are about 4 hours apart by train. Venice-Ljubljana is about 5.5 hrs, Vienna-Budapest is less than 3 hours, and Vienna-Bratislava is less than 1 (you could even fit in Bratislava as a 6th city, for a daytrip - it's fairly small). Vienna/Salzburg is 3.5 hrs,

Vienna/Prague is about 5 hours, and Berlin/Prague 6.5, so those might be better choices for flying, if you choose those city combinations - but don't forget it takes time to get to/from the airport, check in, check bags, get to the gate before it closes, and so on. Anyway, sounds like a great trip - best of luck, whatever you decide!