Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   cayman airways (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/cayman-airways-547480/)

desertbound Jul 28th, 2005 04:18 AM

cayman airways

anyone have experience with this airline

BarbaraS Jul 28th, 2005 05:53 AM

I flew with them in June and everything was great. No problems. It did take them about two months before they actually charged my credit card though.

allietoo Jul 28th, 2005 06:00 AM

This used to be an airline that made flying to Cayman for a vacation part of the vacation. Cute uniform, rum punches with fun swizzle stick, on time departure...
It also used to be more expensive. We ended up on Cayman Airways several times when NWA late connections to MIA resulted in them giving us a seat on this airline. (This was some years ago so may be a highly unreliable review but it's worth checking into.)

KVR Jul 28th, 2005 08:51 AM

We flew Cayman Air in Nov. 2003 out of Houston. No problem with the flight. No frills though. I would consider fling with them again if we ever returned to GC.

CaymanSue Jul 28th, 2005 11:27 AM

We are very happy to fly Cayman out of Chicago now that they offer a direct flight. They still offer a meal and free rum punch.

TomCayman Jul 29th, 2005 02:39 PM

If you are coming to Cayman from any of their gateways, then I definitely recommend supporting Cayman Airways... who still serve up free Rum Punch, friendly crew and check in staff, and a schedule at least as reliable as any of the US carriers.

They are also very close to the hearts of all Caymanians... for good reason... fly Cayman Airways !

aha4159623 Jul 31st, 2005 03:11 PM

I too would recommend this airline. We have flown with them three times and have never had any trouble.

We had booked a flight with them for a trip last Nov. but due to the hurricane situation I called and canceled the trip.

After being persistent with a few phone calls and faxes, I received a voucher good for one year to rebook the flights with no further charges.

Logline Jul 31st, 2005 04:16 PM

Great no frills airline with very friendly staff. I strongly support them because they are the national carrier to the Cayman islands and they proved invaluable when it came to transporting people and supplies after Hurricane Ivan. But the real treat for someone like yourself comes down to 3 little words: FREE RUM PUNCH! :-)

CaymanSue Aug 1st, 2005 05:44 PM

I too was thinking pre-Ivan, that CAL was a huge drain on the government economy. I have done a 180 degree change of mind. There can be no price tag placed on the service that this airline did for the island. And I for 1, will never come to the island again on any other carrier. They deserve our support!!!!!!

champagne Aug 4th, 2005 05:53 PM

Just returned from GC and we flew Cayman Air. It was one of the best experiences we have had in recent history on an airline. We actually left earlier than scheduled (everyone was on board and ready to go) - the flight was extremely smooth - the flight attendants were friendly - and yes, they provide complimentary rum punch, fruit punch and soft drinks. I would not hesitate to fly this airline again.