Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   What's Your Day Job? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/whats-your-day-job-597090/)

napamatt Mar 7th, 2006 07:51 AM

What's Your Day Job?

While sitting here scouting the board for interesting topics I began to wonder what many of us regular Fodorites do for a living when not wasting time here :S-

Then I started to think what kind of a day job do you have that you can get into the travel business (thinking of Rocco and Julian) don't worry no plans to do the same!

My day job, as you might guess from my handle, involves the sale and marketing of wine. Actually it involves an awful lot of hand holding for a staff of over 150.

What's your day job?

jasher Mar 7th, 2006 07:54 AM

Hi Matt,

Academic medicine (teaching, clinical work, research).

Basically, I don't sleep much I-)

Cheers,
Julian

serengeti Mar 7th, 2006 08:00 AM

Software Development Manager

Repeat "Boring" in Homer Simpson's Voice

:)

Leely Mar 7th, 2006 08:53 AM

Candlestick maker.

Canechick Mar 7th, 2006 09:11 AM

Government Contracting - Very boring and repetitious

napamatt Mar 7th, 2006 09:21 AM

Leely

So all we need now is a butcher and baker.

Julian

Serious egg head stuff, I assume Rocco's day job lends itself to your new endeavour.

Serengeti

Software developer - we have some of those in our company (whats wrong with that picture?)

johan_belgium Mar 7th, 2006 09:22 AM

Internal auditor in a private hospital - although it's an interesting job, my future lies in Africa far away from any deadlines.

Like James Dean said "Dream like you live forever, live like you'll die today".

maxwell Mar 7th, 2006 09:28 AM

Sadly, corporate lawyer, but I'm still working on that female action hero career I've been dreaming about. :D

Ruskinja Mar 7th, 2006 09:29 AM

English teacher in touristic sphere

waynehazle Mar 7th, 2006 09:36 AM

Software testing.

ShayTay Mar 7th, 2006 09:40 AM

Accounts Payable Auditor

Nyamera Mar 7th, 2006 09:56 AM

I’m not making a living, but I’m a part-time Spanish teacher and a curio seller.

I’m thinking about switching to hunting and gathering. :-?

martync Mar 7th, 2006 10:16 AM

Retired HS teacher, now college teacher.

wjsonl Mar 7th, 2006 10:19 AM

managed multi-county central Texas program that surveyed and certified residential facilities for the mentally retarded (group homes and state schools); retired and loving the freedom from deadlines!

stakerk Mar 7th, 2006 10:21 AM

estate planning attorney (mainly living trusts to avoid California probate)

Kevin

Lillipets Mar 7th, 2006 10:21 AM

I'm a Veterinary Technician - basically a nurse for a veterinarian. The pay is low, but I love my job. Naughty cats are my specialty so I'm known as "the cat whisperer."
Lily

welltraveledbrit Mar 7th, 2006 10:24 AM

Anthropologist - currently I combine grant writing for non-profits with freelance research and some teaching.

thit_cho Mar 7th, 2006 10:31 AM

Just another corporate lawyer

maxwell Mar 7th, 2006 10:35 AM

Michael - You must get more time off than me!

Lily - perhaps some day you can tell me how on earth to get the "angry cat" designation removed from my cat's chart at the vet. Although my cat is not inherently "naughty," there's an awful lot of judging going on whenever we're in there now...

Leely Mar 7th, 2006 10:42 AM

Lily, I am most jealous of your job. Except I'd prefer to be a dog whisperer.

And by the way, if anyone in the market for candlesticks just let me know. ;)