Fodor's Expert Review Capilla Bethel
Throughout the Chubut Valley there are three dozen or so chapels where the Welsh settlers prayed, went to school, and held meetings, trials, and social events. Two of these simple brick chapels stand alongside each other just over the river from Gaiman—they're usually closed to the public, but are interesting to see from the outside. Built in 1914, Capilla Bethel is used today by Protestants for Sunday service. To reach the chapels, walk south from the square on J. C. Evans and cross the pedestrian bridge. Locals take a shortcut by ducking through the fencing where the bridge ends and walking 100 meters to the right along the riverside. Otherwise take the first right into Morgan and follow the dirt road around several bends.