Hotel del Glaciar
Camino Glaciar Martial 2355, Km 3.5, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, 9410, Argentina
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
Just above the Las Hayas hotel in the Martial Mountains, this hotel has commanding views of Ushuaia and the Beagle Channel; inside, rooms are bright, clean, and very comfortable but sparsely decorated. After a long day in the woods, you can curl up on the long sofa that encloses the fire pit just off the main foyer, or wander over to the cozy wood-paneled bar for a drink. Shuttle buses leave for the town center every two hours.
- old-style colonial atmosphere sets it apart from the modern behemoths on the mountain
- all rooms have great views, either to the mountains behind or (for slightly more money) to the Beagle Channel
- feels very big
- staff not the friendliest in town
- some of the wood panels on the outer walls are starting to show their age
- late check-in (4 pm) and early check-out (10 am)
$$$$ | Local Flavor
$$ | Casual Chic
$$$ | Practical Base
$$$ | Local Flavor
BACK TO TOP