Fodor's Expert Review Gruene Homestead Inn
832 Gruene Rd., Gruene, Texas, 78130, USA
Just outside Gruene, and on the way to New Braunfels, it's hard to miss this cluster of historic farm houses scattered along a rolling green. Choose from 21 uniquely decorated suites that reflect a historic late 1800s feel. Each room has its own Texas-themed style, such as the Bluebonnet Room.
- Rooms are impeccably clean and well maintained, and remain quiet despite music from the nearby Tavern in the Gruene
- friendly and accommodating staff
- Close to a new housing development, which takes away from its quaintness
- noise from frequent Harley-Davidsons passing on the main road is unavoidable
- breakfast is good, yet simple