Although most resort communities have beaches and water activities, the Grand Strand— the 60-mile stretch of beaches from Little River to Georgetown—is known for much more. Lush botanical gardens, quirky art galleries, theatrical shows, high-end and kitschy shopping, and fresh seafood are just some of the Strand’s assets. Although other coastal communities, such as Charleston or Hilton Head Island, may cater to a wealthier lifestyle, the Grand Strand can accommodate a range of budgets.
- Myrtle Beach. Walk the boardwalk, ride the SkyWheel, and enjoy family fun galore.
- North Myrtle Beach. Grab a partner and dance the shag in the place it originated.
- Murrells Inlet. Dive into a plate of seafood or catch your own in this waterman's paradise.
- Pawleys Island. Breathe deep and enjoy the slow pace of life on this quiet, family beach.
- Georgetown. Walk the historic waterfront and enjoy fine dining in this classic coastal town.
There are no results