Hilton Head and the Low Country Sights

Stoney-Baynard Ruins

  • Plantation Dr. Map It
  • South End
  • House/Mansion/Villa

Published 10/16/2017

Fodor's Review

Check out the Stoney-Baynard Ruins, the remnants of a plantation home and slave quarters built in the 1700s by Captain John "Saucy Jack" Stoney. A cotton planter named William Edings Baynard bought the place in 1840. On the National Register of Historic Sites, only parts of the walls are still standing. The ruins are not easy to find, so ask for directions at the Sea Pines Welcome Center at the Greenwood Drive gate.

Sight Information


Plantation Dr., near Baynard Cove Rd., Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 29928, USA

Map It

Sight Details:

  • Free

Published 10/16/2017


Book A Trip



  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in Hilton Head and the Low Country