Fodor's Expert Review 12 Bones Smokehouse
$ River Arts District American Fodor's Choice
Gentrification forced it out of its old digs, but 12 Bones now has a larger location with twice the seating and picnic tables for outdoor dining. The lively crowds still range from hippie potters to downtown suits—former president Barack Obama made 12 Bones his first stop on multiple trips to Asheville—who come for the smoky baby back ribs, pulled pork, beef brisket, and corn pudding. Get here early, as it's more of a lunch place.
5 Foundy St.
Asheville, North Carolina 28801, USA
- Smoky baby back ribs to die for
- Southern-style sides
- Staff calling you "Sweetie"
- Waitresses who call you "Sweetie"
- Smoky baby back ribs are worth the trip
- Waitresses who call you "sweetie"
- Collard greens and other Southern sides
Rate Includes: Closed weekends and most of Jan.