Fodor's Expert Review High Feather Ranch
29 High Feather Ranch, just south of Cerrillos, turn left onto CR 55/Gold Mine Rd., Cerrillos, New Mexico, 87010, USA
Editor's Note: This location is no longer in operation.
A grand adobe homestead and B&B, plush High Feather Ranch anchors 130 wide-open acres with breathtaking mountain views. It feels completely removed from civilization but is, in fact, within an hour's drive of both Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Although built in the late 1990s, the sprawling inn contains reclaimed 19th-century timber, antique gates, and fine vintage furnishings. Rooms have high ceilings and plenty of windows, and you're never far from a portal or patio; one room has an outdoor shower in a private courtyard. Rates include an impressive full breakfast.
- between Cerrillos and Madrid
- you're alone with the scenery and certain to leave relaxed and well fed
- between Cerrillos and Madrid, you're alone with the scenery and certain to leave relaxed and well fed
- there's a 1-mi stretch of rutted dirt road to get to the door
- but that's part of the fun
- there's a 1-mi stretch of rutted dirt road to get to the door, but that's part of the fun
Rate Includes: Free breakfast