Fodor's Expert Review Nopalito
Those in the mood for a fresh take on both common and seldom-seen Mexican dishes will adore Nopa's nearby little sibling. All the tortillas are made from organic house-ground masa (corn dough), and Mexico's peppers find their way into many of the spice-filled offerings. Standout dishes include a robust, tender plate of carnitas and a powerful fish-filled ceviche verde. The casual atmosphere is popular with families, while adults adore the margaritas and tequila selection. Reservations aren't accepted and waits can be daunting at peak times, so plan strategically.
306 Broderick St.
San Francisco, California 94117, USA
- Creative Mexican food
- Fresh tortillas
- Delicious empanadas
- Excellent Mexican food
- Hearty bowl of pork shoulder filled pozole rojo
- Any drink consisting tequila or mezcal
- No reservations, so waits can be long
- Hearty bowl of pork shoulder–filled pozole rojo
- Any drink with tequila or mezcal