Fodor's Expert Review A16
Named after a highway that runs through southern Italy, this trattoria specializes in the food from that region, done very, very well. The menu is stocked with pizza and rustic pastas like maccaronara with ragù Napoletano (a meat sauce) and house-made salted ricotta, as well as entrées like roasted chicken with caper salsa verde. The selection of primarily southern Italian wines, augmented by some California vintages, supports the food perfectly.
2355 Chestnut St.
San Francisco, California 94101, USA
- Excellent Southern Italian food
- Mostly Southern Italian wine list
- Lively bar
- Equally noteworthy pastas and pizzas
- One of the city's best Italian wine lists
- Meatball Mondays
- Spicy arrabbiata pizza
- One of the city's best Italian wine programs
- Dark chocolate budino tart