- Rock climbing Joshua Tree is a world-class site with challenges for climbers of just about every skill level.
- Peace and quiet Roughly two hours from Los Angeles, this great wilderness is the ultimate escape from technology.
- Stargazing You'll be mesmerized by the Milky Way flowing across the summer sky. For spectacular natural fireworks, visit in mid-August during the Perseid meteor shower and watch shooting stars streak overhead.
- Wildflowers In spring, the hillsides explode in a patchwork of yellow, blue, pink, and white.
- Sunsets Twilight is a magical time here, especially during the winter, when the setting sun casts a golden glow on the mountains.
Log in with user name:
Not a member? Register Now
Log in with social media:
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Twitter
Love to travel?
Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion.
How we use your email