Fodor's Expert Review Auberge Knowlton
286 chemin Knowlton, Knowlton, Québec, J0E 1V0, Canada Fodor's Choice
A local landmark since 1849, when it was first a stagecoach stop, and later a railway stop, this rustic inn is a special-occasion venue for locals and a delightful option for visitors who relish period style and good regional cuisine. Its long porch and antique looking furniture can make you feel as if you stepped back in time. Bistro Le Relais, on the first floor, serves local wines and cheeses and offers a wide range of duck dishes, including warm duck salad served with gizzards and confit de canard, all of which can be savored on the terrace during the summer months.
- within walking distance of Knowlton's main attractions
- storage, repair kits, and so on, for bicycles
- atmospheric restaurant serving good food
- on the main road through town, so not the most scenic location
- no elevator
- dark, natural light blocked due to veranda roof on second floor
Rate Includes: No Meals, Closed Tues. and Wed.