Quebec City Sights

Chapelle Historique Bon-Pasteur (Historic Chapel of the Good Shepherd)

  • 1080 rue de la Chevrotière Map It
  • Upper Town
  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Published 09/29/2016

Fodor's Review

Editor's Note: This property is currently undergoing renovations.

Charles Baillairgé designed this slender church, called "The Mother House" by the nuns, with a steep sloping roof in 1868. In the ornate baroque-style interior are carved-wood designs elaborately highlighted in gold leaf. The chapel houses 32 religious paintings created by the nuns of the community from 1868 to 1910. In addition to the regular weekday hours below, the chapel is open Sunday between 10 and 1, before and after a musical artists' Mass, which begins at 10:45.

Sight Information

Address:

1080 rue de la Chevrotière, Québec City, Québec, G1R 3J4, Canada

Map It

Phone:

418-694–0243-for information on musical Mass

Published 09/29/2016

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in Quebec City