Fodor's Expert Review St. Thomas Anglican (Old Garrison) Church
This wooden building, the oldest church in the city, is painted blue and trimmed in white in a style consistent with the "jellybean" houses in the neighborhood. The primary section was built in 1836 and, while it escaped damage by the fire of 1846, it is believed to have shifted by six inches in a storm that took place that same year. This led to the further construction of wings to stabilize the original structure. English soldiers used to worship at this church during the early and mid-1800s.