- The journey here Yup, getting here is one of the best things about Victoria. Whether by ferry meandering past the Gulf or San Juan islands, by floatplane (try to travel at least one leg this way), or on a whale-watching boat, getting to Victoria is a memorable experience.
- Spend an afternoon at the Butchart Gardens Nearly a million annual visitors can't be wrong—these lavish gardens north of town truly live up to the hype.
- Tour the Royal British Columbia Museum One of Canada's best regional museums warrants repeat visits just to take in the myriad displays and exhibits.
- Embark on a whale-watching cruise It's an amazing way to view these magnificent animals in the wild.
- Traverse the Inner Harbour via a ferry boat The tiny foot-passenger ferries zipping across the Inner Harbour afford passengers a new perspective of the city center.
Log in with user name:
Not a member? Register Now
Log in with social media:
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Twitter
Love to travel?
Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion.
How we use your email