San Miguel de Allende and the Heartland Sights

Templo de la Compañía

  • Lerín s/n Map It
  • El Centro
  • Religious Building/Site/Shrine

Published 01/25/2016

Fodor's Review

Michoacán's first cathedral was begun in 1540 by order of Vasco de Quiroga and completed in 1546. When the state capital was moved to Morelia some 20 years later, the church was taken over by the Jesuits. It remains much as it was in the 16th century. Moss has grown over the crumbling stone steps outside; the dank interior is planked with thick wood floors and lined with bare wood benches.

Sight Information

Address:

Lerín s/n, east end of Portugal, Pátzcuaro, Michoacán, 61600, Mexico

Map It

Phone:

434-342–3083

Sight Details:

  • Daily 8–6

Published 01/25/2016

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in San Miguel de Allende and the Heartland