Fodor's Expert Review The Lodge at Jaguar Reef
Sittee River Rd., Hopkins, Stann Creek, Belize
At Hopkins' original upscale resort, Jaguar Reef's original whitewashed duplex garden and beachfront thatch cabanas is supplemented with newer colonial suites with local artwork, salt-tile floors, and custom-made hardwood furnishings. Although the beach here is good (for Belize), there's a nice pool with swim-up Tiki bar. Meals are served in a beautiful glassed-in beachside palapa with a soaring ceiling set off by locally made basket lights.
Jaguar Reef offers frequent summer (July-August) web-only specials.
- attractive and well-kept grounds
- lovely beachside location
- friendly staff
- beautiful restaurant but meals are pricey
- parking for guest vehicles is limited
- poolside rooms are not as quiet
Rate Includes: No Meals